It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 01:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Unhappy AD help

Hi guys,
I haven't written on the Depression board in awhile, I hope you're all doing well.

For awhile now, I've been seeing myself slowly slip back into feeling depressed a lot of the time--I took myself off of Zoloft cold turkey about a year and a half ago because of weight gain (that I had NO idea would happen), and my psychiatrist at the time told me that if I did that, chances I would become depressed again were pretty good. And I've been okay up until about 6 months ago or so. It's not real bad depression like I had before, where I just COULD NOT find the energy to even get out of bed during the day, or when I had no interest in anything at all. I'm still okay--functioning pretty normally. But in August, I have to get a job (I just finished a job that only goes from Nov.-Apr., and I've decided that for my own sanity, I would give myself a few months of relaxation), and I know that it will be very hard for me. Anyways, I'm blabbing here .

My fiancee and I have been talking about me getting some help for a few months now, and I'm just beginning to realize that I really probably should. The problem is, I am terrified to go back onto AD's because, I do not want to gain any more weight than I did on the Zoloft, however I feel that if I decide to actually seek help, AD's will be the only thing that could make me feel better. I've been in counselling (not since my last bout of depression), and I don't find that it helped too much. The Zoloft made me feel a lot better, I could handle situations, I actually liked my life, but the weight gain is something I cannot do again. I'm still trying to lose the weight I gained on it, and after a year and a half of being off. So my question is, does anybody know if there's any AD's that don't have as high a risk of weight gain? Or what are some of the AD's you guys have used, and not gained any weight on? Thanks for reading this, all responses will be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2004, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
Re: AD help

Anybody? Any responses will do....

Old 04-25-2004, 10:24 PM   #3
Inactive

cloudnine HB User
Re: AD help

hey...i do'nt know if i'll be really much help...i tried lexapro and was on it for like 3 and a 1/2 months and i didn't gain any weight...i just switched to wellbutrin xl and i'm never hungry--i could go a whole day w/o eating, i just kind of force something down to make me somewhat healthy...don't know if that helps at all??? and the wellbutrin really helps me too-=--the first couple days were rough=- i was really moody adn would just all of sudden snap adn be angry, but after a couple days that went away....
good luck!!
peace
cloudnine

Closed Thread