It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 08:49 PM   #1

Nieceeh HB User
Would like some advice.

I have been feeling bad for the past year. I am type 2 diabetic and have been dignosed with depression. I used to take Zoloft but since I have not had any medical I have not been able to check anything or get meds. Though now I do have a job that will cover insuramce and is effecive May 1st and I have a doc appt May 3.

I have lost all motivation and passion for life and myself. I used to love to sing and dance and have fun, read, take walks. Now I find myself putting myself down. I am 100lbs overweight and since I gain weight I cant seem to stop letting it contril me. I get upset at hubby for no reason and I have no energy. I want to cry a lot I throw tantrums like a 3 yr old and I am so bad I am even scared to try to learn to drive a stick shift. (I need to learn seeing that is the only car we have right now)
I want to go to school but I knwo right now I could not handle it. This is affecting my job where I leave early or calll in.
I am not really wanting to take meds for depression because I keep hearing and reading bad things. I do not want to keep gaining weight.

I have my own business also and have considered quitting till I start being happy with myself.

Is there a way to get through this w/o meds? Maybe something natural besides therapy.

Please any advice experience.............................. ...........

Thank you
have a great day Niecee

Old 04-26-2004, 12:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User
Re: Would like some advice.

Do a search about CBT therapy. Sometimes you have to go on meds temporarily just to help you get thru the therapy. I am staying on mine, but I have started reading the book "Feeling Good" by David Burns. It is one of the books recommended to help you help yourself with CBT therapy. My meds of 7 years quit last summer, I've been trying to find one that will work since last OCT.! and am sick of it all. I've had horrible reactions to most, so I decided there has to be a better way. I'm on just Klonopin for now til I get thru this therapy & hopefully it will help & soon no more meds. The klonopin does help my dep. some & also helps my nerves & helps me sleep. There is another book by Sam Obitz, you can do a search for that too. Many of us here are deciding to try CBT instead of meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread