It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 05:40 PM   #1
(female)

Thanks2Jesus HB User
What medications helped you with your anger ??

I know anger can be a form of depression but it seems like many people get depressed without the anger ??? I get soo angry about every little thing and I just want to hear from others who were always angry and what medicine helped you ??

Thanks so much
God Bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2004, 07:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: What medications helped you with your anger ??

All the antidepressants I tried helped with my anger, except Welbutrin, which made it worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 03:29 PM   #3

Keen17 HB User
Re: What medications helped you with your anger ??

Hey there. Just wanted to post because I have suffered from anger and irritableness most of my adulthood (32 now). I didn't realize it was due to depression until recently when I went to see a therapist because I was upset at everything my Fiance would do or say.

Anyway, I was prescribed effexor xr. I started on 37mg, went up to 75mg and now at 150mg. As soon as I hit 150mg it was like night and day. I noticed that everything that irritated me stopped. I'm like a completely different person. I'm not angry, irritable. I don't cry all the time because someone "put me down". Everything I thought used to be negative. I'm more positive now and don't isolate myself. I "want" to talk to people. I'm not as "scared" or "paranoid".

Anyway, I went up to 150mg at about 4 weeks. I'm on my 6th week and I'm seeing life through a completely different set of glasses. I wish meds could work for everyone. I guess I just got lucky.

I had stomach probs at first, but went away after 2nd week. Really weird dreams too but that seemed to have gone away. I honestly don't have any side affects.

Anyway, everyone is different. Good luck in finding something that helps the anger. Anger is a terrible thing to deal with because you end up enduring a lot of guilt for hurting those you love. I know what you are going through.

Good luck.

Closed Thread