It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

Thanks2Jesus HB User
has anyone actually known anyone who had a seizure from wellbutrin ??

I heard it is a concern and I wondered if anyone has known or heard of anyone who had a seizure from taking Wellbutrin ?

Thanks

Old 04-28-2004, 06:45 AM   #2

LadyVyxen81 HB User
Re: has anyone actually known anyone who had a seizure from wellbutrin ??

Yes, a friend of mine had a grand mal seizure shortly after starting on Wellbutrin XL. Her doctor didn't know that she had bulemia. The risk of seizures in a person without epilepsy or an eating disorder is very rare.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 10:46 AM   #3

Keen17 HB User

My Dr. said that in all the 12 years he has been practicing he has not yet seen any of his patients experience a seizure from Welbutrine. And he says he does prescribe it a lot and not only for depression...he also prescribes it in the form of Zyban for smoking cessation .

However, he did mention that the cases in which he read about usually occured in people who for instance went away on a business trip, forgot to take their medication so when they returned doubled up their dosage and in response to the double dosage had a seizure.

If you take it as prescribed, there is very low risk of a seizure.

Old 04-28-2004, 01:08 PM   #4
Inactive

cloudnine HB User

ladyvixyen--was she throwing up her food after she had started taking the wellbutrin? what happened to her after her seizure...i'm on wellbutrin also--no i am NOT bulimic, but it's just kind of interesting.
has anybody ever had or known somebody to have a seizure after drinkign alcohol...i'm not an alcoholic by any means, but i do like to drink once in awihile on weekends, and i like to get drunk when i do, but will that cause a seizure, and what happens if i throw up when i'm drunk (that happens quite often)--will that cause a seizure?? my bf's graduation party is next friday, adn i really wanna drink, but i'm afraid to...any help would be great!!!!
peace
cloudnine

Closed Thread