It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 10:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User
Lightbulb Hi Sol, Fox, AusiJulie, and anyone else

Just wanted to post and update you all since my recent disappearance! LOL

Been struggling a lot with things and I'm hoping I made some progress. The amazing thing is that the other night on the news I was watching a story of some grandparents who were fighting the state to adopt their granddaughter because she was w/ a foster for being raped by her moms boyfriend.

She is not even five yet and then I saw the clippings from the newspaper flashing on the news and knew who she was. She was raped by the same "man" who molested me as a child! I was one of his first victims and if the police had been able to do something, she would have never had to known this pain! I got a hold of them yesterday and wasn't sure what to say.

I wasn't sure if they'd hang up or what. She was real aprehensive at first and then in subsequent phone calls admitted that she watched the news article again over and over and knew she never mentioned his name and wanted to know how I knew who perpetrated the crime. I told her that I have mental pics of those newspaper clippings burned in my head and knew exactly who it was.

We talked for a long time and I told her that I would write a letter for their court case as to how important it is for her to heal in a home she knows and is safe from harm. I will be meeting them soon. I also told them if they ever needed me, call any time, day or night. I would help them pick up the pieces because I know where she's at right now and would like to see her get her life back before her childhood is over. She didn't quite know what to think of me. I probably seemed really weird, but I knew in my heart, they "needed" me.

They are sweet people and their granddaughter deserves to be with them. I will let you know how she's doing. I'm making them each a matching hope bracelet (white cat's eye, sterling silver spacer beads, clear swarovski crystals, a prayer box or picture frames) so that she can always have them with her, hopefully, it won't be long until she's with them. But they can feel a little better knowing that they have a little connection every time they look on their wrists! Cheesy, but it helps me when I need it. LOL

Also, too much to post, but if you don't mind, check on the relationship board on a thread that says something to the effect of I'm sick of being punished. It's about a woman's struggles w/ her husband and I posted a big, long winded one on what's up in my house right now. Starting to sound like a flippin' soap opera! I won't watch them on t.v. and I definitely don't like living in them!

Talk to ou chickies soon. Glad to be able to "see" ya all again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
(female)

Foxbluff HB User
Re: Hi Sol, Fox, AusiJulie, and anyone else

Hi Angel! I've been off the boards most days recently, but nothing is wrong. It's always interesting to see you here. Your life is so "full of life"! Of course, this time, you're talking abt a different breed of animal than the usual. I think the bracelet is a super good idea. When we feel hurt, helpless & alone, every reminder that there are people that care abt us is important. You always warm my old heart. Fox

Closed Thread