It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 04:31 PM   #1

Roo Roo HB User
Am i depressed or not?

I'm just not sure whether i should visit a doctor or whether i would be wasting his time? My mum and dad split up 3 years ago, both love them very much and it has been difficult, i was in and out moods where i was feeling very low through the past 2 years. My dad has a new girlfriend, which made me unhappy, but now i have got to know her better, i started to get really upset i couldn't find the time to spend time with my dad as she was always around, then they moved in together etc etc. Well in January of this year they told me they were getting married, of course i was unhappy and declined being maid of honour for the sake of my mother. So i had been having bad nightmares since, work started to get me down, i dont like the people, but it can be bearible. Then the wedding was at the weekend, i have been very low since, didn't enjoy myself and haven't stopped crying since, i seem to break down in floods of tears every 10 minutes of the day, work has been tough, haven't been able to consentrate, had monday and tuesday off because i was so emotional and today was awful. I just can't seem to snap out of being so low for the last 2 weeks. I just don't know if i would be wasting the doctors time, what could he do for me?

Old 04-28-2004, 05:23 PM   #2
(female)

quinnersmom HB User
Re: Am i depressed or not?

ROo ROo,

You have been thourgh a lot,. I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I would definalty call the doctor and just talk to them about how you are feelilng. DOn;t be afraid to talk to them, they are there to help.

I had post partum depression and it took me 14 months to call, I sure regret that!!

Call them, I am sure they have an answer. You can also look up depression quizes on the internet, they might be able to tell you something..NOT THAT YOU SHOULD BELEIVE EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET but you know what I mean.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2004, 06:10 PM   #3
Mara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Roo
I'm just not sure whether i should visit a doctor or whether i would be wasting his time? My mum and dad split up 3 years ago, both love them very much and it has been difficult, i was in and out moods where i was feeling very low through the past 2 years. My dad has a new girlfriend, which made me unhappy, but now i have got to know her better, i started to get really upset i couldn't find the time to spend time with my dad as she was always around, then they moved in together etc etc. Well in January of this year they told me they were getting married, of course i was unhappy and declined being maid of honour for the sake of my mother. So i had been having bad nightmares since, work started to get me down, i dont like the people, but it can be bearible. Then the wedding was at the weekend, i have been very low since, didn't enjoy myself and haven't stopped crying since, i seem to break down in floods of tears every 10 minutes of the day, work has been tough, haven't been able to consentrate, had monday and tuesday off because i was so emotional and today was awful. I just can't seem to snap out of being so low for the last 2 weeks. I just don't know if i would be wasting the doctors time, what could he do for me?
Poor thing. I feel for what you're going through. Please go to the doctor. First they will talk to you and ask you why you are there. Tell them because you think you are depressed and what you are going through, your emotional state, hard time concentrating and socializing. Don't ever think what you are going through would be wasting the doctors time, that is what they are there for. Emotions and mental health are just as important as physical health and often is linked. Let him assess you and take it from there. He/she will exam you, talk to you and see if medication might help or talk about other options.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:04 PM   #4

Roo Roo HB User

Thanks i really appreciate the encouragement.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:06 PM   #5

Roo Roo HB User

I'm only 23, been hearing a lot on the radio about Doctors are giving out too many sick lines etc etc and think most people are at it. It just worries me about going to see them. I think i'm being really daft though!

Closed Thread