It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2004, 05:48 PM   #1

rered HB User
Talking It's so strange

To all the people who have gotten over depression: How do you feel afterwards. I know it sounds like a strange question...

I feel like I'm going from where I left off (when I was about eleven), everything else since then is like a mini journey to me, and I can't help acting like I was when I was eleven. Sometimes I'll do child things like copy how people walk, or hide and see if I'll be found, or hide something to see if it'll be noticed, play childrens games (like catch).

How do you feel ? Do you feel like a different person, or like the person you were before depression ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2004, 09:10 AM   #2

Kcollin2 HB User
Unhappy Re: It's so strange

How did you over come your depression ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2004, 11:29 AM   #3

Keen17 HB User
Re: It's so strange

hehe rered =) that's cute. just sounds likey you're a playful person and able to express yourself. that's great! it is probably part of your personality that was supressed by your depression!

I also recently got over my depression. I still feel like the same person, although, I don't get angry or irritable anymore.

I talk to people and assert myself and I'm not shy, I would always isolate myself to the degree I would NEVER go anywhere. I didn't even want to go to the grocery store. I just had enough energy to get to work and back and that was it.

I'm not worried or anxious or paranoid. I don't take people wrong anymore or get sensitive to jokes even. I would cry when my fiance would poke fun at me. I thought he was an arsehole all the time and would yell and call him names. Now I see him as a loving, caring sensitive person.

When you are depressed it's like you are wearing a pair of ***** glasses. You totally misinterpret things. You don't have the ability to think positive about anything. EVERYTHING is distorted. It's not really reality. So for people who are depressed it's almost impossible sometimes to pull yourself out of it without help from medication since the chemicals in our brains don't allow us to think positively.

I wish meds could work for everyone. I've been on Effexor for a little over a month. My life has completely changed. I love people now, whereas I hated them before. I never wanted to do anything and I find that I want to accept invitations to activities now. I have been reading these boards for a long time and never wanted to post or help anyone when I was depressed. Now I want to post and share my experiences and help people at least know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

If there is anyone out there who is apprehensive to meds, I'd like to encourange you to at least try. And good luck =)

Old 05-04-2004, 07:52 AM   #4

RespectHer HB User

Wow this thread has made some much sense to me! It makes me undertand my depression better. Wow

Old 05-04-2004, 10:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

When I'm depressed I feel like there's a physical weight on the back of my neck so I can't hold my head up. I'm barely even aware of other people. When I'm on my meds, I can hold my head up and ... well, not go around snarling at people. I feel light.

Closed Thread