It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2004, 09:15 AM   #1

pcu2cab HB User
relationships and depression

HI first time ive posted on the depression forum.

Ive suffered from clinical depression since i was 17 (im 23 now) at times requiring hospitalisation due to self-harm and suicidal behaviour. I have taken prozac, seroxat etc and lithium and had ECT.
Im at uni now and doing great apart from the odd low episodes when i get low real quick. these only last for a few days. Im still on prozac and will be for most of my life.
The problem im having is that my boyfriend of 1 year understands i have depression and when im low he is great but sometimes he doesnt realise that a few harsh words can push into a low episdode. Im under stress at the moment due to all my coarse work is due in next week. therefore im delicate anyway.
has anybody got any advice on helping someone understand that itsnot just when we#re low that we need support and understanding.
He just said that he is sick of me being fine one minute and then cold the next but thats part of the derpesion and he cant see that.
I try to avoid agurments because they can push me down low so i walk away from him when we start to fight but he takes this the wrong way and thinks im ignoring him. i do tell him this but he forgets.

Sorry im just having a rant.

carriexx

Old 05-03-2004, 05:37 PM   #2

bastila HB User
Re: relationships and depression

I understand that you must be under some extra stress with your course work coming due. I just had to take a major lisensure exam for my work field and it aggrevated my depression and anxiety. it is hard form someone to understand depression unless they have ever had to fight it/ deal with it. I was very sympathtic but i just did not understand how hard it was to fight the depression until i had my own situations that gave depression into my life. TAke some R and R and know that you can get through your course work. Other have before you and you can to. It is quite remarkable that you are working to complete the course work and you are coping with depression.
I hope to be encouraging. Sincerely, Bastila

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2004, 02:51 PM   #3

pcu2cab HB User
Re: relationships and depression

Thankyou.

Carriexx

Closed Thread