It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2004, 07:15 PM   #1

aleksxxx HB User
Exclamation dont know wahts going on

im a 17 year old male who about four months ago went to the hospital after a cocaine incident.. i didnt OD they told me i just had a major panic attack... ever since then i have been very anxious.. slightley depressed.. feel like things are just "fake" around me once in a while and the hardest part to deal with are my racing thoughts.. i just have random thoughts all day long mostly about the things ive done in the past and how they are going to affect me later on.. i think that every little pain or something is something bad.. always jumpiong to the worst conclusion.. since the hospital episode ive never touched coke again and three weeks ago i quit smoking pot and cigarettes.. i still drink once in a while on occasion. i analyze things over and over in my head untill it makes me prettty depressed and just down in the dumps like ive messed up with all the things ive done.. my thoughts are also very "loud" i guess.. i know in my head that i will never do drugs again.. and i have changed my life around since that episode 4 months ago.. i jsut cant get over it and my obsesive thinking just doesnt go away.. i just wanted to see what some other people think it is.. anxiety...partial ocd.. depression..skitzophrenea (sp?) i highly doubt skitzophrenea but its still a thought that just pops into my head.. thanks and much appreciated..

--aleks--

Old 05-01-2004, 11:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lori j HB User
Re: dont know wahts going on

I have experienced obsessive worrying most of my life & thought it was OCD, but have been told it's only OCD once you start acting out repetitive physical acts, like turning lights on & off so many times or washing your hands a specific number of times. Mostly, the obsessive worrying is general anxiety disorder. The pot & coke probably brought on most of it. You may also be experiencing withdrawal symptoms from both. The coke should be out of your system, but as you said, you just quit smoking pot & your body is craving it. With most drugs you will have withdrawals. Have you talked to your doctor about what you are going through? It would be a good idea, he may be able to help. I'm so glad that you have realized the harm from drugs & are turning your life around. I'm sure things will get better, but please discuss this with your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2004, 01:37 AM   #3

aleksxxx HB User

yeah i am seeing a pshychologist right now for therapy and i might start some antidepressants he said but i want to try to get rid of it before i start taking medication.. how did you deal with it? what are you doing to help.? thanks for writing..

--aleks--

Old 05-02-2004, 04:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

Medication will reduce the "loud thoughts" and over-analysis.

You don't have schizophrenia. That's a psychosis, and it prevents you from functioning. If you were an untreated schizophrenic, it's not very likely you would be writing this. You might look up "schizoid personality disorder."

Closed Thread