It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User
Unhappy why dont i listen to my own advice??

im feelin awful today, im just having a really miserable day/week. but i sit here and i give advice, not necessarily good but i try, so why cant i seem to listen to my own advice about happiness etc. how come i can quite happily sort out my friends problems (which i was often called upon to do) yet remain so UNHAPPY! i wish i could get better like i used to be and happy again.

Old 02-06-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User
Re: why dont i listen to my own advice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett24
im feelin awful today, im just having a really miserable day/week. but i sit here and i give advice, not necessarily good but i try, so why cant i seem to listen to my own advice about happiness etc. how come i can quite happily sort out my friends problems (which i was often called upon to do) yet remain so UNHAPPY! i wish i could get better like i used to be and happy again.
Hi Brett,
Bless your heart! I have been sitting here reading your posts and you are such a caring and supportive person. I was just asking myself "What would I do if I were in a different country and didn't speak their language and add depression on top of that?" You have gone through a lot of changes and you need to ease up on yourself. I know I do the same thing to myself.

You have a lot of advice that has helped me to just get up and at least try 1 more day!

I am soooo sorry that you have to deal with the depression! It is a horrible disease! I wish I had some answers for your unhappiness but as you know that is just a part of the depression. You are being too hard on yourself! You wouldn't be as hard on someone else as you are on yourself.

I am also sorry if I jump from one subject to the next. My concentration isn't the best but I do know in my heart that you are a very sensitive and kind person. I havn't responded to a lot of posts because I feel like I don't want to say the wrong thing. But I do want you to know that you are special and please hang in there. You are just having a bad week, it will get better.

Best wishes,
Sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2005, 01:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User

awww thanx, thats made me smile now i just want to be able to sleeeeeep! then hopefully ill be ok, easier said than done... Thanx again

Brett

Old 02-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Quote:
awww thanx, thats made me smile now i just want to be able to sleeeeeep! then hopefully ill be ok, easier said than done... Thanx again

Brett
Hey sweetie,
I am glad that I could make you smile! You give a lot to other people and I just wanted to try and give a little back to you.

If you were not soooo far away and not too young for me (just kidding) I think you will find a very good person for you some day.

Sometimes if I can just sleep a little while then I wake up with a better perspective. It IS easier said than done! Hang in there!

Best wishes,
Sam

Old 02-06-2005, 01:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User

im realy 38 just kidding. u should def respond to more posts, uve said the right thing to me, uve made me smile and thats the important thing!!! thanx

take care

Brett

Old 02-08-2005, 02:27 PM   #6
(female)

bigbadfroggie HB User

brett.. when i read your post i thought those words were coming from my mouth! i know what you are talking about, i love to give other people advice and ive had a lot of people come to me for it. ill be 15 in a couple months and therefore i get a lot of those teenage drama dilemas. we could both give ourself some of our own advice, but when i think about it would i listen to my own advice? probably not... for reasons that i dont know. maybe you could try a different approach... it just occured to me from reading your post of how people say talking to other people about your problems is so good for you, {ive never really been able to do that, just a little bit to my sister and her bf (pretty much my only friends), but i still have such a hard time with it}, but maybe its because it is so helpful to here other peoples advice. although it may not seem greatly helpful at the time, the advice is still there and somewhere in our heads we are listening to it and most likely trying to follow some of it. talk to someone who you care for and who cares for you, just a friend, and you are guarenteed to get advice that a good person thinks will help, and theres nothing to lose : )

again thats my own advice that i will probably not listen to because it is so hard for me to talk to other people lol, but i hope it helped : )

Old 02-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User

hey thanx bigbadfroggie (great name btw )

i agree its always harder being your age, i can remember mannnny years back, well ok 10 but it feeels like another life time, im just glad i wasnt as bad when i was 14 as i am now! thanx again for replying and hang in there and u can share ur problems with me if u like! i dont mind, and i wont judge u or anything so u can chat all u like with me

Take care

Brett

Old 02-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #8
(female)

bigbadfroggie HB User

thanks so much brett! your kindness is great! ill be here to listen to anything you need to get off your chest too! and like you i dont judge, no reason to. : ) i havent been to these forums for a while and its great to know theres still people listening : )

Old 02-08-2005, 03:58 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User

thanx bigbadfroggie its also nice to know people are listening as well! i may take u up on that offer of venting heh heh, ill just wait for aday when im fed up (sure to be soon) ha. thanx again

Old 02-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #10
(female)

bigbadfroggie HB User

was it spain you said you moved to? ive never been outside north america.. i live in canada, moved all over ontario tho.. live in kingston most my life (if youve heard of it lol)

Old 02-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

stuckmissy HB User

Quote:
I hear you on this one! I think for myself i give friends advice because i realy care about them and i have faith that they can solve their problem. When giving myself advice (even if i say i can do this ) i don't truely inside believe in me. And the other thing is when i figure it all out in my head i don't know how to get myself to the point to make it happen. Solving the problem in theory i can do but actually doing it, i can't; i simply don't know how. I wish i did. Sometimes i think if i could just do what i know i should (follow my own advice) i could be so much happier. Then i constantly wonder whats wrong with me? And i wonder why people even ask me for advice, because i'm such a mess myself? Just wanted to add this.

Last edited by stuckmissy; 02-09-2005 at 09:07 PM. Reason: sp

Old 02-10-2005, 03:17 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User

hey everyone thanx again for the replies theyve all made me smile!!! i love this board, making me feel better already

hey bigbadfroggie, yeah i live in a village called La Barraca De Aguas Vivas 40k south of Valencia, near the sea, so i should be happy! haha, altho i live with my parents and after the freedom of uni, this sux. hey ive got a friend visiting me from canada in Dec. shes from Hope BC. quite a small place i think, im going to visit her there too someday. hey we should all meet up somewhere and go out heh heh. (probably millions of miles away)

Old 02-10-2005, 05:38 PM   #13
(female)

bigbadfroggie HB User

well im glad to here youve got a few smiles on your face : ) for one day try giving yourself some of your advice and follow it! even if u dont want to, just do it for one day : ) maybe ull see how much itll help...

Old 02-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User

thanx froggie, im feeling a bit better today, barr a sore throat tho, let that be a lesson to ya folks never sand metal down with a power tool without wearing a mask!!! DUHHH if the depression dont get me my rotting lungs will hah hah.. actually thats not really funny is it eek!

Brett

Closed Thread