It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

Mazee422 HB User
even off zoloft - will sex drive ever return? HELP

Hi.

I started taking zoloft for PMS (25mg then up to 50mg) about two years ago. My sex drive is NON-EXISTENT. I used to have such a high sex drive that now-fiance used to say my drive was 120%. Now it's NOTHING. I don't think about sex AT ALL... I hate it. I don't really have much of a desire for intimacy.

I told my dr and he put me on 100mg wellbutrin in addition to the zoloft ... That didnt' increase the drive either. maybe a tad bit it helped with the physical sensations (and i mean.. A TAD, nothing significant), but that was about it.

My mind has just been feeling more "dull" too; I'm just a LOT more complacent than I used to be.

Two weeks ago, I stopped meds altogether. Mentally I've actually been fine. Sort of been enjoying feeling more passionate about things I used to really care about.

However - the sex drive? STILL NOTHING. And now I'm reading stories about people who never returned to a normal sex drives after taking SSRIs??

Not to mention, the dr suggested taking 25mg zoloft just for one week before my period, and i was going to do that, but i'm scared it will set back the return of my sex drive even more.

does anyone know how long it takes to regain a sex drive? could i be ruined forever? It's really bad. It's starting to effect my relationship in some ways. (luckily my fiance's sex drive isn't too high - it used to annoy me that his was so low and now i feel 'lucky' - SEE??)

Please respond!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 11:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User
Re: even off zoloft - will sex drive ever return? HELP

Ditto here. I went off of paxil because of zero sex drives about a year ago and they never came back. Like you, I had exceptionally high drives. I thought it was because of my age or hormones. Instead of taking paxil, I take a benzo for anxiety now. I was thinking about asking for a script for Wellbutrin because it works well alone to increase your sex drive, but it also makes me anxious, so I haven't decided on that yet, but I am seriously considering it.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
(female)

Mazee422 HB User

WAnted to bump this up and see if anyone else will respond...??

Old 02-16-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

One of my doctors said it takes about 6 weeks for the meds to leave your system, so they are probably still affecting you. Try doing things that increase blood circulation to the skin, like massage.

Old 02-16-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

SandybytheSea HB User

I keep hearing about the loss of sex drive on meds. So far that has not been my experience. Does anyone else not suffer from loss of sex drive?

Old 02-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
(male)

pugcra HB User

My ex was on Zoloft for anxiety, and it did make it difficult to orgasm and lowered her sex drive. The best answer, after getting off the meds, is excercise...believe me, it works....

Old 02-16-2005, 10:44 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

campbellita HB User

I too am eagerly awaiting the return of my sex drive since coming off meds (zoloft) completely. It's only been about 3 weeks...I'm giving it time.

Closed Thread