It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 11:35 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User
Could use a hug...:(

I haven't felt this bummed in a long, long time. I feel drained--useless, worthless, pointless... I try so hard. Where is my place in this world?

I understand that this is the "depression talking," but having that knowledge changes the feelings no more than knowing my teeth are crooked make them straight.

"Thanks for noticing me." -- Eeyore

-- EoR

Old 02-20-2005, 12:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User
Re: Could use a hug...:(

aww EoR!!!! hey u cant be sad, u make me smile and laugh on this board, so ur not allowed!!! acutally i know how u feel, i have also felt crappy this past week . i dont know what else to say but that ur not alone and *Hugs* from me to you

Brett x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2005, 02:18 PM   #3
(female)

kim840 HB User

EoR

Consider yourself HUGGED!!! I think it's been a tough week for a lot of us. It's been bad at my house too. My husband's been better, but I've been a mess! Go figure.... Life is full of little surprises!

It ALWAYS gets better.

Always Hopeful.... Marcia

Old 02-20-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

(((((((((((((((((((EoR)))))))))))))))))) )))

(That's a hug -- in computer lingo)

Last edited by SOE; 02-20-2005 at 03:21 PM.

Old 02-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett24
aww EoR!!!! hey u cant be sad, u make me smile and laugh on this board, so ur not allowed!!! acutally i know how u feel, i have also felt crappy this past week . i dont know what else to say but that ur not alone and *Hugs* from me to you

Brett x
You make me smile and laugh, too. Thanks for the support and the hug. I needed it. You're a real positive contribution here. Hugs back!

It sounds like the past week has been a bummer for a lot of people. I hope yours is getting better. It's *almost* over for me. 4 1/2 more hours. Oooh, and then I get to look forward to... MONDAY! Lol. At least my daughter is off, so I don't have to take her to school tomorrow. Feeling a little better. I think I decided it's more the tired talking than the depression. I'm often more sensitive and sad feeling on tired days. Wait, they're all tired days. Okay... the tiredest of tired days.

Something happened today that reminded me that it could always be worse. When I was in the kitchen with my back turned, my baby (21 months) fell off an easy chair and hit is face on a rocking horse. His nose was bleeding and his mouth was, too. It was pretty scary looking, but with a little coddling, apple cider, and fruit snack, he was much better. My thankfulness for him being okay kinda snapped me out of my depression. Love my baby boy!

Oh, and my boyfriend took me to the pound and we picked out the *cutest* little puppy that we get to pick up in about 10 days. I've wanted a dog forever!

Thanks, again, Brett. You're always there for a pick-me-up when I need it.

Take care,

*EoR*

Old 02-20-2005, 06:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim840

EoR

Consider yourself HUGGED!!! I think it's been a tough week for a lot of us. It's been bad at my house too. My husband's been better, but I've been a mess! Go figure.... Life is full of little surprises!

It ALWAYS gets better.

Always Hopeful.... Marcia
That hug felt good, and warm, and sincere Thank you. Sorry to hear things have been bad around your house. I'm a good ear, if you need to let it out. And you're right, it does always get better. It's a good thing to say to oneself over and over when blue. Thanks for that reminder. Just let me know when you need a hug of your own .

With a hug for now-- ~EoR~

Old 02-20-2005, 07:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Hi Eor,
I am glad you are feeling much better. Children have a way of making things better. I am glad your child wasn't hurt badly.

I am happy for you getting a puppy. I have a dog and she is a lot of comfort to me.

I don't know if it is the time of year or what but there are a lot of people that are struggling with depression. I am sorry I didn't respond earlier but I too am having a very difficult time. I just wanted you to know I enjoy your posts and was thinking about you. Here is a virtual hug (((((((((EOR))))))))).

Wishing you well,
Sam

Old 02-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofeffexor
(((((((((((((((((((EoR)))))))))))))))))) )))

(That's a hug -- in computer lingo)
Lol. I haven't had a good parenthesied hug since the days I played Pig Poker. Yes.... Pig Poker. Don't ask. I think I must know all the cyber lingo and acryonyms by now... Well, actually, I learn something weird every day. Just figured out what "AF" meant a couple of days ago--and if you don't know, you probably are better off.

Thank you for the big hug. (((((((((SOE))))))))))) BTW, aren't you the one that started the thread about dealing with depression naturally? I think you are. If not, I apologize. If so, how's that going? I would like to go that route, myself, and even bought a book last night titled, "Depression-Free, Naturally," by Joan Mathews Larson, PH.D. I hope it works.

Thanks, again.

^Eor^

Old 02-20-2005, 07:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha317
Hi Eor,
I am glad you are feeling much better. Children have a way of making things better. I am glad your child wasn't hurt badly.

I am happy for you getting a puppy. I have a dog and she is a lot of comfort to me.

I don't know if it is the time of year or what but there are a lot of people that are struggling with depression. I am sorry I didn't respond earlier but I too am having a very difficult time. I just wanted you to know I enjoy your posts and was thinking about you. Here is a virtual hug (((((((((EOR))))))))).

Wishing you well,
Sam
Another hug! This is really, really nice. A hug in spirit is almost as good as the real thing, and I don't have to worry about what my armpits might smell like.

Kids are the best. Mine are my reason to get out of bed in the morning. Do you have kids?

Dogs are great, too. I've always grown up with them, but never have had one since living away from home. I just never seemed to have the time to devote. But, I guess if I'm always waiting to have the time, I'll never have a dog! What kind of dog do you have? How long have you had it?

I enjoy your posts, too, Sam, and I'm very sorry to hear you're having a difficult time. I'd be more than happy to be a shoulder to lean on for you, if you're needing one. I work from my computer all day Monday through Friday, and always have this window up. I hope things look brighter for you soon. The clouds have to part, eventually.

Stay strong, sweetie!

(((((((((((((((Sam))))))))))))))))

{}EoR{}

Last edited by EoR; 02-20-2005 at 07:22 PM.

Old 02-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

Hang in there, EoR! I send hugs from me to you. This last week HAS been hard for everyone and I'm thinking there's got to be a reason, but what? Wish I knew. Anyway, I'm glad your baby boy is ok--kids can scare the pants off ya, can't they? But they are little blessings and take plenty of time to love him each day because they grow up SO fast. My "little boy" will be 21 YEARS old next week! Yikes! Good luck with the puppy. They can be a bit frustrating at first with the housebreaking and chewing, but dogs are also a blessing and they are the most loyal, loving creatures on earth. The rewards are great. Have you picked out a name for the wee pup? Hope this next week is a lot better for you EoR!

Old 02-20-2005, 09:07 PM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoR
Thank you for the big hug. (((((((((SOE))))))))))) BTW, aren't you the one that started the thread about dealing with depression naturally? I think you are. If not, I apologize. If so, how's that going? I would like to go that route, myself, and even bought a book last night titled, "Depression-Free, Naturally," by Joan Mathews Larson, PH.D. I hope it works.

^Eor^
Yup, that's me. I've been off over 5 months now. It gets a little easier as the time goes by.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:49 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoR
Another hug! This is really, really nice. A hug in spirit is almost as good as the real thing, and I don't have to worry about what my armpits might smell like.

Kids are the best. Mine are my reason to get out of bed in the morning. Do you have kids?

Dogs are great, too. I've always grown up with them, but never have had one since living away from home. I just never seemed to have the time to devote. But, I guess if I'm always waiting to have the time, I'll never have a dog! What kind of dog do you have? How long have you had it?

I enjoy your posts, too, Sam, and I'm very sorry to hear you're having a difficult time. I'd be more than happy to be a shoulder to lean on for you, if you're needing one. I work from my computer all day Monday through Friday, and always have this window up. I hope things look brighter for you soon. The clouds have to part, eventually.

Stay strong, sweetie!

(((((((((((((((Sam))))))))))))))))

{}EoR{}
Hi Eor,
You wouldn't want to smell my armpits...LOL. You say the funniest things and lord knows we all need a good laugh.

I do have kids; my baby is 21 years old. Yikes! They grow up so fast. I have 3 boys. They are young men now. It is so very hard to believe that they aren't little anymore. Cherish every moment you have because before you know it your baby will be as old as my baby.

I grew up with dogs and cats. We had an inside dog (a chihuahua) and that is what kind I have now. She just turned 3 years old. She is very attached to me. She thinks I am her mommie.. LOL. I guess to her I really am her mommie, I have always taken care of her and she tries her best to protect me. It's funny cause she is so little and barks really loud. The UPS man just laughs at her cause she tries to bite at his ankles. She thinks she has to protect me. I think she can feel my emotions because she always tries to comfort me when I feel sad.

You are such a sweetie! Thank you so very much! You just don't know how much I needed that hug and your so very kind words.

I will share with you when I can muster up the courage. I don't know what I am so afraid of. I guess I feel like my problems are complicated to me, but I think maybe others will think they are trvial? I don't know how to explain my feelings sometimes. I think I worry too much about what other people think. It is the depression talking too. Ya know?

Wishing you well,
Sam

Old 02-21-2005, 06:16 AM   #13
(female)

sydneysmommie HB User

Ok I have asked around NJ and here are some very important folks who send Hugs..not just Hugs but hugs with NOOOO expiration date....

1. Me
2. Binky my puppy
3. Sydney my baby
4. Little Mouse in Garage... Mickey
5. Nemo Sydney's fish friend
6. Anchovie..My goldfish....
SEVERAL OTHERS who have asked in complete confidence to not list their names.

Oh and I have a call into the hugg doctor...He said he'll be sending a box about 1,00000000000000...full of them to you. You can be the only one to sign for it!

Huggsgsgssgssgsgsgs

Old 02-21-2005, 01:50 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User

hey Eor what are u going to call ur puppy? when i moved to spain i rescued a stray cat and called her olive cos i found her under the olive tree, and when my parents bought their house it came with a dog!!!! go figure heh heh, also olive had 2 kittens who are now 6 months old !! i love themm alll to bits ever since my dog died when i was 8 ive always wanted another dog and cats etc, soo i should be happy, i play with them all the time, im 24 but i feel like 8 again hahaha. i think pets help massivly with depression , as for kids, i play with my nephews and neices all the time ,well i did in the uk i cant now as im in spain soo bummer but i love kids they also helped me to realise that theyre more important than depression etc, im glad uve finally got ur puppy and that u also have kids to help u as well

Brett

Closed Thread