It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #1
(female)

julie39180 HB User
Question cymbalta & diet pills?

hello everyone,
does anyone know if u can take cymbalta & diet pills?
im taking 60 mg of cymbalta & actually i have lost a couple of pounds and it has really helped with my appite, actually i dont have one and thats great! but i cant seem to make up my mind on loosing the weight & exercizing. i am noticing that i do seem to have more energy than before. usuually i stay in bed all do and cant seem to get my mind on doing anything or even housework, but that is changing. but i still get bored during the day and just wanna lay around, even if im not tired. i usually say, "if i sleep all day, it helps the day pass quicker!" i really wanna get this weight off by summer time. im not sure if diet pills will effect the cymbalta!
anyone know?
thnks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User
Re: cymbalta & diet pills?

Sounds like a dangerous mix to me. Since you are having some increased energy, take advantage of it. Go for a walk, go to the gym, pop in a video or dvd and exercise to that or even dance to some music. Good luck.

Sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #3
(female)

macsjuls HB User

Julie,

I agree with Sam.....sounds like a dangerous mix to me. I would certainly try some other options!!

You know......if you were sedentary before and now you have this new found energy.....I think you may just be pleasantly surprised at how just your lifestyle change will cause the pounds to melt away. Shortly after the birth of my son, I found myself totally drained of any energy (can't imagine why....lol). I did nothing but sit around holding or feeding him or I was sleeping every chance I got. I also took up the "snack diet" realizing that while I didn't always have the energy to eat properly...I could inhale a bowl of chips, m&m's ect while feeding the baby!! I ended up weighing more 2 months after he was born...then I did the day I gave birth.(shock...gasp) Sad!! Oddly enough though....my baby started becoming a little more active....first crawling around....then toddling all over the house....then getting into everything possible!! Next thing I know.....I've lost 20 pounds!! My hubby actually asked me if I was starving myself.....truth be told..I was eating more than ever....but I was moving non-stop outside of naptimes!!

All forms of "movement" count as excercise. Going up and down the stairs to do laundry.....gardening.....cleaning your house.....vacuuming......sweeping your front porch.....pacing back and forth while talking on the phone....boost it up a little if you want....take a walk on a sunny day....wander around the mall.....the possibilites are endless....and they all count!! If you're feeling a little more ambitous...by all means pop in a video or take on a rigorous excercise routine....but please.....stay away from those diet pills!! And if your appetite continues to lag....look into some good vitamin supplements.

Hope this helps some!! Good luck!!
mj

Last edited by macsjuls; 03-09-2005 at 08:04 AM.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
(female)

julie39180 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsjuls
Julie,

I agree with Sam.....sounds like a dangerous mix to me. I would certainly try some other options!!

You know......if you were sedentary before and now you have this new found energy.....I think you may just be pleasantly surprised at how just your lifestyle change will cause the pounds to melt away. Shortly after the birth of my son, I found myself totally drained of any energy (can't imagine why....lol). I did nothing but sit around holding or feeding him or I was sleeping every chance I got. I also took up the "snack diet" realizing that while I didn't always have the energy to eat properly...I could inhale a bowl of chips, m&m's ect while feeding the baby!! I ended up weighing more 2 months after he was born...then I did the day I gave birth.(shock...gasp) Sad!! Oddly enough though....my baby started becoming a little more active....first crawling around....then toddling all over the house....then getting into everything possible!! Next thing I know.....I've lost 20 pounds!! My hubby actually asked me if I was starving myself.....truth be told..I was eating more than ever....but I was moving non-stop outside of naptimes!!

All forms of "movement" count as excercise. Going up and down the stairs to do laundry.....gardening.....cleaning your house.....vacuuming......sweeping your front porch.....pacing back and forth while talking on the phone....boost it up a little if you want....take a walk on a sunny day....wander around the mall.....the possibilites are endless....and they all count!! If you're feeling a little more ambitous...by all means pop in a video or take on a rigorous excercise routine....but please.....stay away from those diet pills!! And if your appetite continues to lag....look into some good vitamin supplements.

Hope this helps some!! Good luck!!
mj
thnks,
yea i think it would be a dumb idea to take diet pills with outher med. i have been thinking about it and here i am trying to get my brain straight and i want to add more stuff into there. OKAY STUPID IDEA!!!! so no diet pills for me...
thnks for the advise girls........

Closed Thread