It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

amberjoy1974 HB User
Any depression / anxiety meds that help you lose weight?

I've had social anxiety and depression for most of my adult life. And I've always been a little overweight. I'd like to try some medication for my anxiety, but I'm afraid of gaining more weight. Are there any meds that help you lose weight or at least don't make you gain weight?

Old 03-16-2005, 12:55 PM   #2

bastila HB User
Re: Any depression / anxiety meds that help you lose weight?

I did not gain weight while on lexapro. I also lost 5lbs during the time i was taking lexapro. Though from what i've read from others postings about lexapro some have success not gaining and other have still gained weight while on lexapro. I had been on an rx weight loss drug before i went on the lexapro which really gave my metabolism a boost. IT was the phen-AD combination.

Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2005, 02:27 PM   #3
(female)

llh973 HB User
Talking Re: Any depression / anxiety meds that help you lose weight?

wellbutrin is supposed to have a side effect of weight loss? It depends on every individual though. Some people gain weight on meds and some lose on the same ones. You could give it a try though.

Closed Thread