It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User
things that make u happy :D <--- (like this)

i thought id start another light hearted post

what thing or things do u have that when ur feeling depressed really help u. i mean is there anything u can just look at smile and go AWWW or something u pick up and feel safe with.

ive got my pets but for some reason i seem to like winnie the pooh, ok im a 24 year old guy, and everyone RIPS it out of me, but when im feeling depressed i look at my eeyore, tiggers and pooh toys (ok im blushing now) i also have a teddy bear from when i was 5 months old, curious george that my dad got me, ive been known to sit in my room cry and hug him when im down to make me better haha, wow i sound like ive got a mental age of 3 or something

just thought we could all share what our 'security blankets' are

Brett

Last edited by brett24; 04-07-2005 at 01:04 PM.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
(female)

supersezza HB User
Re: things that make u happy :D <--- (like this)

Hi Brett

Nice to have a light hearted post on this board!

I have my Scampi dog cuddly toy which I got when I was about 6 I think! He is as flat as a pancake from all the hugs I give him! I also have my mum who is always good for a cry and a cuddle!!

SS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User

Brett, you look at your POOH toys and feel happy?!?! How could you? Scoff! Lol. Just kidding, of course.

My son's "nursery" is all done in Classic Pooh. Just walking in there (when it's clean) makes me feel happy and serene. If it's not clean... well, that be a different story! I love anything Classic Pooh, especially... Eeyore! I have all kinds of Classic Eeyore. They make me happy.

But moreso: My kids and boyfriend, my "gobbie" (doggy), anything that makes me go: "Squeeeee!" And, naturally, friendly people like Brett. (Then some...)

Thanks for this. I think we all could use reminders of happiness.

-EoR

Old 04-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Musical_Muse HB User

This was a great idea, Brett . I, too, am an adult who still loves to play with toys. I have a small pink bear that usually sits atop my computer monitor, but who, on occasion, I will let ride with me on the dashboard of my car . I like to snuggle (and just hug to bits) Pinky a lot, as well as perch her on my shoulder and give me bear kisses. I'm sure that people think I'm crazy when they see me doing that in my car, but oh well...it makes me feel all warm inside. I also enjoy "animating" stuffed animals when I'm at a store. Some people giggle when they see me doing it; some people think I'm weird; and children seem to get a kick out of it--there have even been a few who, after I left, went over to do the same thing .

I also like to watch parents with their little babies/toddlers. I just get a big kick out of it, as I hope to have children someday. Of course, this sometimes makes me a little sad, as I wonder whether I will ever find the right guy to have a small family with *sigh*. Still, it just tickles me inside, especially when the little ones smile or giggle back at me...

~Colleen

Old 04-08-2005, 06:54 AM   #5
(female)

Rayne2005 HB User

Cool post. I like things like this. I love writing stories and im working on a crime novel so it picks me up to think of strange things,
I love music, nothing like some light hearted happy music to pick me up. Also I also like math. When im doing trig i just dont think of anything else so that makes me happy.

The think that picks me up the most are kids. Good kids not little devils. My nephew just makes me happy when i see him smile, and my cousins daughter is just adorable. I dont know why but babies make me happy (at this age when they arent mine ). Im gonna adopt kids someday since i most likely wont be able to have any myself, although i will try w/ my docs permission. I love kids. They just make the world light up.

Last edited by Rayne2005; 04-08-2005 at 06:56 AM.

Old 04-08-2005, 07:19 AM   #6
(female)

macsjuls HB User

Brett,

Awesome idea!! Heck, just reading through it made me go !! I too am a "grinner" because of my dogs (3 greyhounds) and my son (5 year old)!!

My son is probably this biggest grin getter.......just looking at him makes my heart melt and jump for joy all at the same time. He is such a gift and even the exact time of his arrival into this world was so perfect.(l-o-n-g story!!) I could have never imagined feeling this excited about parenthood at 40+, ( I've already given it one go-round....as I have a 26 year old son as well!!) but excited I am!! Nothing is more thrilling, uplifting or joyous as watching my boy take in daily the wonders of the world around him. I think children bring us joy in the fact that they are "unspoiled" by life. They only see the good things, and can so eagerly relish even the smallest of things......there isn't a day that goes by that I don't long for those moments of my own past. Ah, just the simplicity of it all. Children offer this up to us......give us chance to experience our "innocence" one more time. Of this I will never tire!! Of course....add in all the kisses and hugs my kid is sooooo great at providing.....and well........

keep on smiling!!

mj

Old 04-08-2005, 08:34 AM   #7
(female)

RAG DOLL HB User

I love to take my son's dog(he's a redbone)for a walk in the apple orchards behind his house.The apple orchards are surrounded by woods and it's very peaceful,in the fall you can pick apples off the trees.I love nature especially the birds which I feed every day.I understand animals better then I do people.I like to surf the internet and find pictures of fairies and landscapes done with watercolours and pencil crayons.Right, now I'm addicted to reality TV especially The Amazing Race and Survivor. RAGDOLL

Old 04-08-2005, 08:41 AM   #8
(female)

jmm1_em24 HB User
Cool Re: things that make u happy :D <--- (like this)

My one-n-half yr old daughter!! and a beautiful day brings back different good healthy memories from when I was much younger, actually any day I can remember when on rainy days I took a "mud bath". Just on different days I remember a day like this I was at grandmas' or swimming, even feelings of the weather, makes me remember good days in my past when I was younger.. Aww,.. the good ol happy days...!!

Last edited by jmm1_em24; 04-08-2005 at 08:42 AM. Reason: to put in smilies

Old 04-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Musical_Muse HB User

Hi, Rayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne2005
Cool post. I like things like this. I love writing stories and im working on a crime novel so it picks me up to think of strange things,
I love music, nothing like some light hearted happy music to pick me up.
~I also looove reading, writing and, well, learning. I also enjoy listening to a wide variety of music. I'm especially into those sappy love songs . Tell me, have you published any novels? That is one of the many things that I have considered trying. My dad is/was writing a hard-boiled detective novel (though I haven't heard too much about it recently ), and got about 70-80 pages of it written when last he mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne2005
The think that picks me up the most are kids. Good kids not little devils. My nephew just makes me happy when i see him smile, and my cousins daughter is just adorable. I dont know why but babies make me happy (at this age when they arent mine ). Im gonna adopt kids someday since i most likely wont be able to have any myself, although i will try w/ my docs permission. I love kids. They just make the world light up.
~I absolutely agree on this one Kids are soooo great. My niece and nephews are adorable! In fact, I was visiting them last night, and my nephews were crawling into my lap, wanting to be read to, and wanting to play (like I was a jungle gym ). My niece was talking up a blue streak about everything that she had been doing and, when I left to go next door to my gram's house, she stuck her head through the door, said, "Aunt Colleen wait!" and she puckered up her lips. I gave her a little kiss, and she said, "I love you." It was toooooo cute!

When I'm in stores, I just love looking at little babies with their parents. I know that I am going to have one or two children, myself, as I can feel my desire for children growing by leaps and bounds nearly each day . I just have to find the right guy .

~Colleen

Old 04-08-2005, 12:55 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User

wow thanx for all the replies they have all made me smile and some have made me laugh

Supersezza ha my ted is also squashed from all the hugs n stuff so my cats and dogs had better watch out heh heh

EoR!!!! hey, ok first i have to say i laughed at the thought of u going "Squeeeee" haha i like classic pooh too! (hey that rhymed im a poet and didnt know it... hmm).

Musical Muse ok dont be offended here , but the way u described Pinky riding on the dashboard of ur car heh heh. i have a mental image of u getting strange looks hah, as to animating stuffed animals, im sure u can get arrested for that ha, i know when i worked in berlin for a short time i went to the warner bros store and activated a MASSIVE row of talking tweety pies! hah, i got filthy looks off the staff but 100 tweeties saying "i thwought i swor a puddy tat" makes me smile to this day heh heh. needless to say i havent been back (i cant trust my self)

Rayne2005 hey! i LOVE crime books! when u finish it u should send me a copy! ive started writing a crime book too! when ur famous i can say, hey i read the FIRST COPY! (then sell it and get loaded hah hah)

macsjuls kids are great arent they! i think people think im strange cos sometimes i sit staring at kids playing, these days that isnt a good idea but i love them, it reminds me of being young and carefree too! i LOVE my neices and nephews, ive got loads i think its cos im still a big kid too!

Rag Doll animals are fantastic! i love my 3 cats and dog. (altho they arent too hot about each other heh heh) i also feel like i can get on better with animals sometimes, heck i even talk to them all the time! like so then jody (my dog) how was ur dinner, im figuring chicken isnt as good as beef is it? my parents just look at me like im mental hahaha.

jmm1 em24 yeah i can remember playing when i was younger with my best friend andrew (which i now cant see anymore ) anyway it makes me feel happy again remembering childhood times.

hey all, thanx AGAIN! its nice to read other peoples stories about what make them happy, keep em coming

Brett

Old 04-08-2005, 11:07 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

MUSIC! I love listening and singing to music, I have been told by many that I have talent in my singing and it always makes me fell good to turn up some linkin park and sing along.

Old 04-08-2005, 11:33 PM   #12
(female)

RedandRed HB User

Brett: this is a cool post. For me, it's kids, but I also like to get into a hot bath, light candles, read an art book. When I'm very, very blue, I stroke my own head.

Old 04-09-2005, 07:39 AM   #13
(female)

Broken_Tears HB User

Aww, I like this topic.

My cat makes me happy. I hug him and kiss him all the time. I also talk to him a lot lol (I know he can't understand, but there you go)

I have this cuddly teddy from when I was little. He used to be pink but now he's more grey/white and his arm is falling off. But when I'm upset and wanna cry and just lie on my bed and hug him- it's really comforting.

Singing and performing makes me really happy too, which is weird because I'm generally really shy, but when I'm on stage I can pretend to be someone else so I don't feel self-conscious.

Also when I'm with my best friend and other people aren't around I'm happy (most of the time) because I love her so much and I know I can trust her with anything (almost)

Lots of love

Tamsin
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 04-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #14
(female)

LadybugSH2 HB User

Dude, how could you not feel happier looking at Tigger?? I have a bouncing Tigger that always manages to make me smile.

Old 04-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #15
(female)

tormenta HB User

Things that used to make me happy - long walks, baths, candles, music of all kinds, singing, jokes, dancing, wrestling and watching it on TV, friends movies.

Things that make me happy now - nothing unfortunately, but it'll all come back!

Closed Thread