It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bbybyrd HB User
Question Feel Like I'm Not Real

I'm not sure what's going on with me. I just don't feel like I'm real. Like I'm in a fog or something. And I'm so tired. I've been sleeping all day because I can't seem to bring myself to do anything else or function like I normally do. How do I make myself feel real again?

Old 04-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #2
(female)

Honeyyawn HB User
Re: Feel Like I'm Not Real

When you mean by not feeling real does this referred to being unhappy? Because I really don't know what you mean by saying "Feel like I'm not real". Do you go to school? A job? Listen to music? Friends? Family? What do you do? I would really like to help but your post isn't really depth into issues. Please enlighten me more on things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
(female)

bigbadfroggie HB User

I may not know either exactly what you mean by unreal, but I do get feelings too that I would describe in the way you do. Sometimes I feel as if I'm not where everyone else is, like I'm in a cloud. Just gazing off sometimes. I try to just concentrate on one thing most of the time. I need practice with that, so it helps me a bit. I'm interested in hearing how you're doing. I'll be glad to keep checking up on your post. Best wishes and please keep me informed on how these "unreal" feelings go for you. I love to listen

Old 04-21-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bbybyrd HB User

By not real I mean like I'm in a daze...everyone is moving around me but I'm just still...like I'm not really existing. It's kinda hard to explain. My concentration has been off lately so I really can't focus on anything particular either. It's like my mind is on something and then it starts to wander and I can't get the control back. I get confused easily too. It's not depression. I've dealt with depression so long that I know it's not that. Maybe I'm having problems with dissociation again.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User

are u on meds? cos i know exactly how u feel!!! altho i got my not real feeling when i started taking meds, for 5 months after i felt like i was in a movie almost like someone else playing me! i wouldnt have minded if it was brad pitt or george clooney! BUT NO It was still lil old me just feeling really weird, the feeling has tapered off now thank god! have u spoken to a doc about it?

Brett

Old 04-21-2005, 04:24 PM   #6
(female)

bigbadfroggie HB User

I think I can relate to these non real feelings. I am not getting them much lately, but about a month ago, i do remember i felt like i was always like that. it was very hard to concentrate on things and i would just let my mind wander. i felt like i was in a daze too. i think what you need is some help on working on concentrating on things. i personally think that would help

Old 04-22-2005, 03:12 AM   #7
(male)

pot441 HB User

I have suffered from depression for 3 years. The first year I didn’t even know what it was. I only new that there was something desperately wrong. At its worst, besides the continues sense of loss, (as if someone had died). The other quite debilitating symptom was a sense of things not being real or if I wasn’t really there. I would be with a group of people socializing and trying desperately to pretend that all was OK. When I would get this sudden sense of extreme loneliness or detachment from what was going on around me, as if I was in the audience of a stage production or watching a movie. These episodes generally came on when I wasn’t sleeping properly i.e. I would sleep 2-3 hours a night or sometimes not at all for days on end. These symptoms would generally be reduced when I got my 7-8 hours of decent sleep a night.

The fact that you state that “I'm so tired. I've been sleeping all day”, “My concentration has been off” and “I get confused easily” tells me you are pretty close to be being depressed.

I concider myself to be a survivor of this most terrible sickness and have learnt to manage it and notice the early warning signs of when im going to have a relapse.
One of the most important maintenance ‘activities’ of your well being is proper management of your sleep and exercise. You have to have a decent nights sleep and resist the temptation to nap during the day, rather go for a walk or do something, anything until the urge to sleep subsides.

Anyway that’s my 2 cents worth.
Good luck it’s a long road to recovery, but It ill make you a stronger person.

Old 04-22-2005, 06:25 AM   #8
(female)

jmm1_em24 HB User

yeah I get how you feel.. I've been feeling like I'm invisible.. Like my soul or spirit is flying in the sky, clouds.. Then reality hits me hard!!

Old 04-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #9
(female)

batigerqt89 HB User

hey! Everything u said is how i feel! i take prozac 40 mg at bedtime and i always feel like i can see things but i can't seem to grasp whats goin on around me i have to touch things that i see just to make sure they really r there! i feel like everyone in my life is moving but i am sittin still also it is a very scary feeling but no matter what don't give up u can get through it and don't forget u r real even if it seems like u aren't! i am always here for u to talk to!
~whitney~

Old 04-22-2005, 08:51 PM   #10
(female)

grace19 HB User

I took meds for depression about 6 yrs ago and I felt like I was in a fog when I was on the meds more than I did when they weren't in my system. It was weird.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:41 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

bbybyrd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett24
are u on meds? cos i know exactly how u feel!!! altho i got my not real feeling when i started taking meds, for 5 months after i felt like i was in a movie almost like someone else playing me! i wouldnt have minded if it was brad pitt or george clooney! BUT NO It was still lil old me just feeling really weird, the feeling has tapered off now thank god! have u spoken to a doc about it?

Brett
I'm on Paxil, Risperdal, and Seroquel but I've been on these meds for about 3 years now and haven't had any increases recently or anything like that.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:40 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

brett24 HB User

hmm strange! maybe u should talk to a doc about it, poss the meds dont agree with u anymore, this happens after a time doesnt it.

Brett

Old 05-09-2005, 11:05 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

bbybyrd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett24

Brett
I am on meds...Paxil CR, Risperdal, and Seroquel. But it's not the meds because I felt like this when I first got depressed and now the feeling is coming back. It has gotten a little better but it's still there. I haven't seen my therapist in awhile now because of transportation problems and really do need to see him soon.

Closed Thread