It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
(male)

Astroboy529 HB User
It has been done, therefore it can be done

Hi Everyone:

I'm rewriting and repeating a post I made on another thread. I'm doing this as much for me as I am for you. I believe that it's important for anyone that's depressed to keep in mind that many, many people HAVE overcome depression. therefore it CAN BE DONE. I realize how hopeless things can seem, and right now all my emotions tell me hopeless, hopeless. I'll never get better. But I believe that our mindsets can be slowly adjusted just by accepting the reality that it is possible to improve, and by extension any one or even every single one of us can be one of the success stories. That alone can give us hope.

I'm throwing everything at this **** awful illness. I'm trying meds, and not seeming to have much luck with them. I'm trying therapy and it has some value precisely because the fact that it can be overcome is consistently reinforced by my therapist. I used to love to exercise, now I hate it because it requires leaving the house and getting me off my butt. I'm doing it as much as I can stand. If left to my own druthers, I'd never leave the house or even get in the shower, but I've decided that I can't stay home all the time since it will only reinforce my anxiety about leaving.

I'm trying my best to assume and envision a depression-free future because if it isn't, I don't know how I'll get through if my level of diminished capacity doesn't improve. I think each of us should try to make that our mindset.
I realize that it requires faith at a time when its being tested and we have NONE, but what else can we go on? Life with depression is NO LIFE. I've never despised my existance as much as I do now. Therefore it must change.

I can barely remember being happy, yet it wasn't so long ago that I was. Since I was happy before I can be happy again. Since I could laugh about life's trials and tribulations before, I can again. Although it seems like a distant memory that I've found anything funny.

If complaining was a viable business, I'd be a frickin' billionaire. It's normal to complain and I could do it endlessly, but it hasn't been the answer to get well. Please understand that I'm not putting down anyone that has used this forum for doing so. In fact, I think its healthy to do so as a release and it has its role. But what I'm saying is that we all owe it to ourselves and our loved ones to balance our frustrations and hurt with positive reinforcement and balance.

I wish I had an easy answer. This is uncharted waters for me and perhaps for some of you. I know one thing for sure. This is easy and natural to give in to and doing so can only lessen the chances that any of us will recover. May the force be with us.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User
Re: It has been done, therefore it can be done

We all have to believe there is hope!

Best wishes,
Sam

Old 05-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
(female)

Dana71 HB User

yes there is hope!!!!

Old 05-09-2005, 05:23 AM   #4
(female)

crowgirl HB User

Yes, indeed, there is hope! I have lived through more than one episode of depression in my life, and the last one I had turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I had a better life afterwards than I had had before!

Closed Thread