It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

Bipolar Girl HB User
Trazodone withdrawal-help!

Four months ago,I came off of the Zyprexa I'd taken for 5 years. The first month I had severe insomnia,so my Dr. prescribed 100mg of Trazodone before bedtime. This drug knocked me out. I slept 10-12 hours a night. My Dr. insisted that my zombie-like state during the day could not be trazodone related, and since it had been almost 2 months off the zyprexa,it couldn't be withdrawal from that either. So I assumed from my disabling fatigue,flu-like symptoms,sweats,sore throat,swollen neck,etc. that I had a virus or infection. I went to various Dr.s at least 5 times over the past 4 months,meanwhile missing alot of work, and eventually losing my part-time job. The Dr's did bloodwork,throat tests,and next week,because all the antibiotics haven't helped,(they never did find anything)I was actually scheduled for a catscan. I should mention that a month ago,my Dr. agreed I could stop the Trazodone. That I could stop it immediately,no problem. Right! Anyway,the other day my boyfriend happenned upon a med-source that described every one of my symptoms as being related to trazodone side-effects and withdrawal. I was still taking 12.5 mg of it ,(against Dr.'s orders)but stopped two days ago. When can I look forward to feeling normal again? I'm fatigued,dizzy,and nauseous. God,what a nightmare.
bipolar girl

Closed Thread