It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2005, 08:52 AM   #1
(female)

Pressnon HB User
effexor question "How Long to Adjust?"

Ive been on 75 ml of effexor for about a month, and Ive been dealing with headaches, nausea, and tiredness. About 2 pm, everyday I do what I call "The Effexor Crash". I am just so tired I go to lay down and fall into a deep dizzy sleep for about 2 hours. Im a single mom raising a 13 year old daughter and she is getting bummed about me sleeping so much and not being there for her.

I know that my body is just getting used to the drug, and Ive read that it takes time to adjust...but does anyone know how long? weeks? months? Should I just hang in there with it?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2005, 09:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User
Re: effexor question "How Long to Adjust?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressnon
Ive been on 75 ml of effexor for about a month, and Ive been dealing with headaches, nausea, and tiredness. About 2 pm, everyday I do what I call "The Effexor Crash". I am just so tired I go to lay down and fall into a deep dizzy sleep for about 2 hours. Im a single mom raising a 13 year old daughter and she is getting bummed about me sleeping so much and not being there for her.

I know that my body is just getting used to the drug, and Ive read that it takes time to adjust...but does anyone know how long? weeks? months? Should I just hang in there with it?

Thanks!
Hi Pressnon
In my honest opinion I would talk to my doctor and change medications. I think if you are having headaches, nausea and tiredness as side effects, this is not the medication for you.
Best wishes,
Sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2005, 09:55 AM   #3
(male)

thetallguy HB User

I've taken Effexor and had some unpleasant side effects (different to yours) but found that passed after a couple of weeks. Generally I've always been advised to give a new drug 2-4 weeks to see if side effects persist, but I think you just need to make a judgement on how badly you're affected and whether you can cope that long. If not, go back to the doc.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

I am just on the 37.5 starter pack, but my concern is after the 4-6 weeks it is not working for you and you have to stop, are there going to be the withdrawal effects?

Old 06-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by americandancer
I am just on the 37.5 starter pack, but my concern is after the 4-6 weeks it is not working for you and you have to stop, are there going to be the withdrawal effects?
Might be. Even if you have been on it a short time at a low dose, it is still a good idea to taper slowly off.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:53 PM   #6
(female)

Rockette HB User

Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you're having those symptoms as side effects to effexor. I think maybe you should talk to your doctor about changing to something else. It sounds like your depression is getting worse. The reason I say that is that the symptoms besides the nausea you describe is what I was suffering from before I was taking effexor. I'm now taking 150 mgs once a day and I feel much better. I started the effexor in may with the beginner pack and then went to 75 and then 150. I had been depressed for at least 20 yrs. None of the doctors would listen to me and just tell me that's life. HA! Funny thing is it was my new Gyne who noticed something was very wrong and prescribed it for me. I go back in a few weeks. I'm doing well but he'll probably want to up it a little because I still get a little anxious at times when I shouldn't. My best to you.

Closed Thread