It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

bleedingsoul88 HB User
Unhappy Flashbacks of High School Trauma

I was working tonight when I had a flashback of a really traumatic moment in high school. I instantly isolated myself, not talking to any of the people, as they reminded me of the moment. I came home and was very, very angry. I've never been so angry before. I then started to cry. After that, my mind and body just shut down. It was really wierd, it was like there were just too many emotions. I just sat on the floor and stared at the wall, not able to move, blink, or talk. Has anybody else ever had an emotional shut-down like this? It was so wierd.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
(male)

the end HB User
Re: Flashbacks of High School Trauma

I've had one flashback of a tramatic experience from my child hood and it sounds quite similiar to yours. It felt like like all my emotions were being mixed up. I was feeling so many strong emotions all at the same time and i didnt know what to do. I also remember my mother was trying to help me and i was getting extemely angry at her, but i dont know why i was mad at her. Anyway it was very confusing and to this day i dont know why it happened.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2005, 11:50 PM   #3

Lloyd HB User

When you go back like that- you probably were triggered by something that reminded you of the original event, a smell, asound, a person who resembled someone, a peripheral circumstance that looked like or felt like what happened before. It takes a lot out of you when you have a rapid mental regression. Something in our minds pulls out those exact feelings from that other time and we re-live the event. It's draining. You tend to feel the strongest emotions of that moment. It can be overwhelming. But it happens to a lot of people.

Old 06-21-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

18or20yrs2live HB User

I feel that sort of thing all the time, in girl scouts when I was little the other girls glued stickers into my hair one night. Another time I had lost a basketball game and just couldn't get over what the coach told me, it was the last game of the season and the coach was retiring. Then back when I was seven I spent the whole day crying in the girl's bathroom, my mom never guessed I was depressed though, not until I screamed for medical help until I got it. That day in the bathroom, she thought I was sick.
Depression makes you relieve things you'd rather not at odd moments, I usually find its when I'm bored or sugar high or its realy late. It can push you over the edge so be carful, and get some sleep before you do anything about it next time.
Like write a letter to your old girl scout troop leader cussing her out for not doing something. LOL.

Closed Thread