It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

Montana'sMommy HB User
Wellbutrin? Does anyone take this?

I was put on wellbutrin about 3 weeks ago.... and I really don't notice all that much of a difference with regards to my depression..... I do notice that I have more patience when it comes to my 6 1/2 year old... but that is the only difference.... Is there anyone else out there on this perscription??? If so can you tell me anything about it??? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:23 AM   #2
(female)

a_blue_nowhere HB User
Re: Wellbutrin? Does anyone take this?

I am taking 200mgs a day i feel somewhat better . Able to cope not great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2005, 09:03 PM   #3

Kim57 HB User

I was in for a routein exam about a week ago when my dr. asked how things were going. I told him I had been having bouts of depression...mostly "Empty Nest Syndrome" along with the every day stuff. He gave me some samples of Wellbutrin and said to take one every evening before bedtime. When I got home I thoroughly read the insert that came with them. To my surprise the first side effect in bold print was "Has Known To Cause Seizures". Well I decided then and there that there was no way I was going to start on them. I will put up with the moodiness and mild depression before worring about having a seizure. I know that It is more likely in persons who are prone to having seizures, but why take that risk? My daughters fiance' has recently been put on Zoloft for what, I have no idea. She said they are to make him stop worrying about things. I say the drs. these days are too quik to write perscriptions. I even had a dr. tell me to my face that he was a "pill pusher"!! As for me, I am trying to get more exercise and get my mind on other things. Good luck to you and I do hope the Wellbutrin works out for you.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana'sMommy
I was put on wellbutrin about 3 weeks ago.... and I really don't notice all that much of a difference with regards to my depression..... I do notice that I have more patience when it comes to my 6 1/2 year old... but that is the only difference.... Is there anyone else out there on this perscription??? If so can you tell me anything about it??? Thanks in advance.
Hi Montana'sMommy
I am on a combination of Wellbutrin and Effexor. I am weaning off the Effexor as it stopped working for me. The Wellbutrin has helped but like I said I am taking the Effexor also. I have taken Wellbutrin before and I had to take it in combination with another SSRI.

The best advice I can give you is to do the research and know what side effects that can occur and if there are anything you should be aware of. Talk to your doctor about any concerns that you have. Everyone is different and everyone is going to react in different ways. The best thing to do is learn everything there is to know about the medications you put into your own body. I hope you feel better soon.

Best wishes,
Sam

Old 07-04-2005, 07:17 PM   #5
(female)

ejb4tennis HB User

I just switched to Wellbutrin from being on Paxil CR for approx 2 yrs. I really liked the Paxil but the side effects were unbearable . . .mainly the night sweats. I am hoping I will lose the 20 lbs I gained w/ Paxil. During the first week I can tell you that I am feeling the buzzing going on in my head and my hands seem a little shaky but other than that there are no complaints.

Old 07-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

xpax HB User
Talking Re: Wellbutrin? Does anyone take this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana'sMommy

Welcome to a Newbie, Montana'sMommy!

Everybody tries to help on these boards, and that is what is so great about them. You may get your answer from different perspectives.

I have been on Wellbutrin for -- I don't know how many years. I have never had a hint of a seizure or anything except, well, being male, an improvement in the situation down below...
It can take many weeks before Wellbutrin might make a real difference for you. You have noticed some difference already! My psych likes to use it in combination with other meds like Zoloft.
The Wellbutrin/Zoloft combination worked well for a couple of years, then the Zoloft gave me diarreah so I had to stop it. Psych has had me on and off a dozen different meds since, but I've always had the Wellbutrin. It has been a mainstay amid a flurry of other med changes.

I have no known side effects from Wellbutrin except, well, you know.

ALWAYS keep in touch with the Doc who gives you your meds. Side effects sure, but also how much better is it in how many weeks? how much worse is it? All these things you can think of, tell the Doc, I do recommend.

By the way, my Psych has prescribed L-Tryptophan, a simple amino acid -- a natural part of our bodies and not a drug, but supplementation has had a calming effect on me.
The anx isn't so high and the downs go more smoothly.

Good Health, xpax

Closed Thread