It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 06:40 PM   #151
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User
Re: My turn. My Losses When does it end?

Sam,

You have been great!!!

I see everything you have read. I have seen and noticed the same thing over and over myself thru the years. This can apply to anyone here. Details are important too. Many tell you youíre too much of anything too, right? Just like you about that wedding woman. ďYour too sensitiveĒ or some B.S. People tell you that so much you begin to believe it too. You begin to think youíre not normal too. Especially when youíre in the thick of so many people like that. Problem is we can start to wish others were as compassionate, caring or sensitive and maybe this would be a much better place to live in for everyone. What if we were allowed to call others self centered and cold hearted? Then what would we be too much of? WHAT AND WHO SHOULD GAUGE NORMAL??? I believe warm, caring, giving and SENSETIVE people our more the normal that I would love to see. What is the opposite of all these??? It is a shame we have so many judgmental hypocrites today. Sam, love ya and others here more than any normal people I know. Forget the distractions along the way and travel the road of life looking at the beauty. I know you know this but hey itís true. There is a blessing in all thatís bad too. Look at some of us here. Would we have ever met one another if not for this? I love the details. It makes me who I am, you who you are and others here who they are. How would the ďNORMALĒ ones understand? This is a better world because people like you are in it.

Thank you so much Sam for being you.

John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2005, 03:57 AM   #152
Veteran
(female)

sealover HB Usersealover HB User

Hi John

You wrote: "How is your foot feeling? Is there anything that can be done or any relief that can be tried? I remember you spoke of this before and I still think about it and pray for you too."

John, thanks so much for your prayers...this means a lot to me that you've included me in your prayers. I think about you and pray for you.

My foot is not feeling well, and I spent all day and night yesterday in bed sleeping to recover from the day before of being on my feet doing errands and going to my doctor. At least the pain is not present every minute 24 hours a day, but my foot is in pain every day, and it feels as though I am walking on bone. I practically am walking on bone due to fat pad atrophy from cortisone injections, and the fat pad atrophy is permanent. I basically have bone and nerve pain in my foot. My knee on the leg of the injured foot is becoming affected because of the change in the way I am walking. Even slight changes in gait can throw off other parts of the body.

My inability to be on my feet for periods of time due to pain is majorly adding to my depression which was getting much better before my foot injury. I am still mourning the loss of being able to do all the things I used to be able to do before my foot injury.

I've been through physical therapy for about five different periods of time. I've been using TENS and a whirlpool foot bath, but I only get temporary pain relief. I have tried Ultram for pain relief, but it makes me vomit at times, plus it doesn't relieve my pain. I am still searching for answers.

I realize that there are people who are worse off than I am, and I see them in the waiting room of my doctor's office (and in public). They are in wheelchairs and cannot walk or some walk with great difficulty. Some have been in car accidents, some have had strokes, etc. Of course, it doesn't make me feel better that there are others who are much worse than I am. I am thankful, though, that I have the ability to walk, but I still worry what my foot will be like in the years to come.

I hope you don't mind my writing more in depth about my situation. You asked me how my foot is doing, and I wish I could have given you positive news. I would give anything that I own, except my lovely cat, to have my foot back the way it was before my injury.

How are you feeling? It's great that you went for a swim. My doctor said that exercise in a pool is very good. I wish I had my own pool in my backyard! Do you regularly go for a swim? Have you found that swimming helps you?

I wonder if I can make you smile... ? David Letterman had a man on his show (not in person) who made his very own hummingbird feeders that he could wear on his head. It looked so funny. Well, this man told a really cute (corny) joke that I hope you will get a kick out of: Why do hummingbirds hum? Because they don't know the words (to the song).

Did you smile?

Have a great day, John!

Last edited by sealover; 08-03-2005 at 06:07 AM.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:44 PM   #153
Senior Veteran
(female)

lostangel HB User

(((((((((( ((((((((( John )))))))))) )))))))))))))

Old 08-04-2005, 09:20 AM   #154
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Hi Sam,

My goodness, Iím sorry I wasnít here for you yesterday. I had some more tests yesterday. I have to go in again today and see what the new battle plan is from my new doc now.

Anyway I see youíve been having a pretty difficult time. Listen dear, I hope you're not angry, offended or hurt by this but I think you have allowed this bad experience from this party to affect you so deeply. I honestly believe knowing you, how I think I know you that this has made you very vulnerable. So much of you depends on how others think of you or feel about you. Itís easier saying to yourself I donít care what others say than actually feeling that way. I know I have recommended this to others before and possibly you too but I truly believe it would be so beneficial for you to get involved as I have. Donate your time not money, to other organizations and people in the area that would need, appreciate and deserve you love and kindness. Your parents wonít let you help too much now I see, but there are some elderly that need their meds picked up, or a few groceries once in a wile. Some just want to spend a half hour over coffee or a game of scrabble. They have nothing but time and people have forgotten them or left them all alone. They become isolated and lonely too. They are spending their last days praying for someone JUST LIKE YOU to befriend them. There are other people and scenarios too. The biggest rewards come to those who do this too sometimes. Remember what I said once earlier? "Divinity is found sometimes in a place one least expects to find it." Seek it Sam and you will find. Believe me once you find it. You will hang on to it with your very life. Itís out there, just go find it and pick its fruit. I hope this helps. I need to get ready for another trip to the doc today so I have to go for now.

Love hugs and prayers
John

P.S. Sorry for repling on my thread, but I want to address others too with one big swoop because as you see I am running short on time at the moment.

Dear Sealover, Cindy, Angel and everyone else that I have not mentioned yet.

I am sooo sorry but right now I am getting ready for another trip to the hospital and I have some commitments with others as well today. I want to just let everyone know that responding to all of you is important to me and I will address you all as soon as I am able.

God Bless you all and have a GREAT DAY!!!

John

Old 08-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #155
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Hi John

(((((((((((John)))))))))))

So sorry you are having to go to the hospital. I hope your new doc has a plan that will work for you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Sam

Old 08-04-2005, 05:55 PM   #156
(female)

mercyfound HB User

Hi Sam -

((((( SAM )))))

I'm so sorry you had a rough time.I hate parties. Even with people I know very well. I always feel so lost and alone.

Maybe we go through tough things are so God can use us for others?

Anyway - thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Cindi

Old 08-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #157
(female)

mercyfound HB User

John -

Dear John ( ooo that doesnt sound so good) lol
I hope and pray that you had a good day. That all these test point to exactly how to help you. May God bless your Dr. with skill and knowledge in your healing !!!

I hope you know my care and concern extends past your replying to me. Please dont feel obligated ok? NOW....(teehee)

I've fulling other obligations this week myself - that's why I haven't been around. Tues I had an interview, but I paniced and didnt finish the interview - just said o i had a stroke , I cant do that , thanks though. whew. Sorry huh? lol - I talked to my therapist today about it - he helped me understand - I tend to under-estimate myself so I freaked out. I'll do better next time.Yesterday I had an eye appointment then had coffee with my friend with the kids ( I played and she made coffee, we had a good time) she called later and said he youngest ( a 2 yr old boy) asked her when MissCindi was coming home (like I like he wanted me to live there) cute huh? And then I came home to swallow dinner and go to wed night church ( crazy huh?)

Today? Therapy then I had a 150 dollar voucher to get job clothes from VESID, so my worker took me shopping ( she finds the deals - lol we got everything on sale ( 12) pieces - lol I'm looking forward to do nothing tomorrow .

Blessings in abundance,

Cindi

Old 08-04-2005, 07:11 PM   #158
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyfound
Hi Sam -

((((( SAM )))))

I'm so sorry you had a rough time.I hate parties. Even with people I know very well. I always feel so lost and alone.

Maybe we go through tough things are so God can use us for others?

Anyway - thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Cindi
Hi Cindi

(((((Cindi)))))

Thank you! It is part of His mysterious ways!

Right back at cha with those hugs and prayers!

Sounds like you have had a very exciting week. It sure sounds great!

Sam

Old 08-04-2005, 08:36 PM   #159
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Hi John
I saw you online and just wanted to say hello. I hope you have some good news from your doctor. Get some much needed rest and we can talk tomorrow.

Love,
Sam

Old 08-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #160
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

HEY SAM!!!!

How are you doing??? Looks like your starting to do better and Iím so happy again now.
I see your back to helping others and itís like heaven.

God bless you and good night

Love prayers and hugs
John

Old 08-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #161
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

God bless you too, John!

Old 08-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #162
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

My goodness Cindi,

I love your interview story! It was fantastic! Your attitude about the next one is GREAT!!! I canít wait to talk to you again tomorrow!

Love, prayers, hugs, and continued blessings in abundance to you too.

John

Old 08-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #163
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

That was soooooooo cute Sam!!! Can I shut off the light now or should I read you a bed time story?

Old 08-04-2005, 09:14 PM   #164
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Has anyone seen subway around??? I just noticed she hasnít posted in over a week.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #165
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User

I think Subway was... (I can't talk about it.) Let's just say I don't think s/he can access the boards anymore. Hey, John, will you read me a bedtime story? I'll get all snuggly in my blanky and bring you a book. How about... "Charlottte's Web?" The bed is open for anyone to crawl in and get comfy.

Closed Thread