It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 06:06 AM   #1

Insecure_JL HB User
Unhappy Can ANYONE relate to this insanity?????

I feel like I am crazy a lot. I feel like if anyone truly knew the entire thought process inside me, they'd run away so fast and I'd be left with no one. I try to fake it so much and that hurts a lot too.

My depression is about being dependant on people, and not having happiness from myself alone. I always fill the void. One way or another, I find a way to fill it. I even fill it without knowing I am filling it. I always feel like I need someone there close to me to survive. If I feel rejected I feel like I am being deprived of breathing. I lose all confidence and feel worthless, like I can never keep a friend around b/c once they see how I really am, they won't want anything to do with me anymore. I am okay at times, b/c this kinda depression is entirely situational. As screwed up as this is, if the people I wanted to respond to me and care acted as such, all of a sudden I'd feel all better. I would look back at this depression and laugh and convince myself I really am ok and was all along. But once that person or thing runs out, I am back in it again. Then I will analyze everything everyone does or says!! I will pick it apart and find hidden meanings. When my friends tell me to stop doing this, it is like hearing to stop living. I cannot find a way, my mind has a mind of itís own it seems. I feel out of control like the thoughts are going to drive me insane, rather than me help the thoughts to go away. I wish I could. I worry excessively, so much so that I make myself physically sick. Situations may change from day to day and all of a sudden I feel great again, but the fact is I put ALL control of my life into the actions of others towards me. I "need" them to make me feel secure, and I "need" them to care about me and if I do not feel I am getting that feeling I freak out and create scenarios in my mind to determine why. The result is always that I suck, and I can't hold on to anything good in life. I grew up as an only child. I didn't like my mom and she was never there. Maybe this need for people formed when she left. Who knows. I cannot blame the past anymore but it helps to try and see maybe how it started. All I know if I hate myself so much some days that I would rather not be here at all. I am NOT suicidal though. The constant changing of moods is making me insane and I am trying like hell to not let too much of this show to others. I know how annoying this can be to a friend on the outside. I used to call everyone and anyone I could think of but this time i am too worried i will lose friends over my insane thoughts! But for some reason if someone came to me with these issues, I wouldn't want to walk away. I feel like I relate so much that I would want to help all I could. Maybe that is part of my problem. My dependency issues come into play once again b/c I can feel needed when someone comes to me with issues. I long to be needed and the truth is, no one needs me the way I want them to. Maybe they do need me, but no one needs in a way like I need them. I want to desperately to be okay with just being me and not constantly wondering what is going on with everyone else. I am exhausted from the worry and the thinking and more worry and more thinking and analyzing. I feel so tired yet I can't turn it off!! If I don't hear from certian people for a day or more, I feel I am losing them and from there my mind creates it's own reasons that grow and grow into this huge thing that isn't and wasn't there to begin with! It goes deeper than dependency too. I worry about death, losing people to tragedy, bad things like illness. I obsess and convince myself of things that are not true. I am glad I see my issues here. I am glad I know they are real and know what they are. I just do not know how to just be happy all the time. I want to be, and a person that hasn't experienced real depression cannot understand. They simply DO NOT know that feeling when you first wake up in the AM and you are slapped with the feelings all over again. They coming rushing into me like a huge wave of force I can't stop! They make you NOT want to get up at all! Therefore people saying to just tell yourself to be happy is impossible. I hate that anyone in my life has to deal with my annoying mind and issues, but I would hope true friends would stand by either way and know that I want to make myself better. I hesitate to take anti-d's again. I took them, gained 50 lbs., and they didn't really help. I got off them a few years ago, lost all the weight and I am not willing to change that. It was a HUGE struggle to get off and I hated needing it. Maybe I do though. I KNOW I need therapy. It is just a matter of finding someone, and then taking a deep breath and having to explain all this. I write these thoughts down a lot when they actually happen. Maybe I can use them to help explain to someone. It is hard to make sense of it at all. I didn't mean to get so deep into my issues. I just wanted to tell someone and hope there is at least ONE person out there that relates!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

ambertwlight HB User
Re: Can ANYONE relate to this insanity?????

I can totally relate to you, I hate to admit this. I feel the need to be needed then nobody does so where do I go? I create a lot of problems with my friends on purpose (but not really) just to have issues for them to need me, does that make sense? I have conversations with my friends (like a practice) in my head to know how to pull it all off? Now that is crazy!..I have no idea how to stop. I am know I am not being helpful to you but just so you know I am doing the same thing over here so I can relate.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:00 AM   #3

Insecure_JL HB User

Actually, I have done that many times myself. Subconscienously (sp?) I have created things in my mind and brought it up just to get a reassuring answer or to hear what I want from certian people. I am dealing with this heavily with one friend right now. We will call this friend A. A is awesome and I have known A for a while, but we got to be closer friends over the past 2 months. I now feel attached to this person and I know it is may more than they are to me. It hurts when I don't hear from A, even when there is a good reason why I am not being called or contacted in other ways. I will create reasons why A doesn't want to talk to me anymore and then I end up exploding into emotions. I end up fishing for answers from this friend and then when A tells me how silly it is and reassures me they are not going anywhere I feel all better as if nothing was ever wrong. The only thing is, I still hold back alot. I don't 100% portray myself as I really am in fear that A will walk away from me the way that other friends have in the past. It is always someone. If it wasn't A, it would be someone else I would obsess over and worry about. It is just that now that I have gotten this close to A, i wish i wasn't sometimes b/c caring this much about someone is hard when you feel it is one sided and it hurts when i feel I will miss A, want A's company, yet it doesn't feel I am getting it back. BUT that is ME making it up mostly...or at least I think it is. I keep hearing friends say, "not everything is about you in their lives" I KNOW and understand that, but I just want to be missed, thought of, and cared about and now that I have exposed myself and weaknesses to A, i feel this friend will not be able to deal with my annoying habits as much as A says it doesn't scare or worry them at all and will be there for me through this mess i deal with in my head. A says I need to find out who I am. I know it is true, but it is SOOO hard to do and especially alone!

Old 08-02-2005, 01:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User

Yup, can hear exactly where you're coming from. The imaginary conversation thing, I thought I was the only one that did that! At the same time as wanting to be away from everyone i desperately want to help people, to be needed, and there's always that belief that i mean nothing to anyone. You have to start finding your own self worth, something you're good at, at least, i try.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:38 AM   #5
(female)

ambertwlight HB User

I think the only way to find out about who you really are is when you alone. I spend a lot of time alone trying to understand myself (this is when I am having these crazy converstations) when I am with people they just confuse who I am with who they think I should be. I am sure that one day someone will put me away in a cave alone to think but until then I have my house and pool. I also think that until I come to like who I am it will be hard for me to keep any long term friends who I won't drive crazy with my neediness. Over the years I have learned to push people away just far enough that they can not get into what I think or will be thinking, again not healthy. I am not sure where I am going with this, just babbling.
Chris

Closed Thread