It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 08:27 AM   #1
(female)

kitykat610 HB User
Unhappy weight gain on Zoloft?????

I've been taking Zoloft for about 4-5 months now and it seems like I want to eat everything in site !!! I've only gained 5 lbs because I exercise everyday but can't seem to control my appetite...I haven't had this problem before I started the Zoloft...has anyone else experienced this and if so, should I go on another antidepressant instead?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 08:38 AM   #2
(female)

hoiz HB User
Re: weight gain on Zoloft?????

Hey kitykat610.
Im currently taking Zoloft 100mg and have been on them for about 4 months, however have luckily not gained weight.Quite the opposite in fact, ive lost weight.I seem now to never really have an appetite.
However meds do effect individuals differently, and weight gain on Zoloft is a common side effect.If the gain is significant and you don't feel right on the meds then yes i would advise you to consult your doctor to change medication.
Good luck.Holly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User

KityKat,

In most studies done with Zoloft, they have found that it does increase appetite and tends to cause weight gain in most people who take it. I took Zoloft for a while and hated it, I now take Lexapro. Good luck with everything.

-DarkAngel

Old 08-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
(female)

kitykat610 HB User

Dark Angel, how are you doing on the Lexapro? Any side effects with it?

Old 08-09-2005, 09:58 AM   #5
(female)

kitykat610 HB User

Thanks for your imput Holly....

Old 08-09-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
(female)

Corri HB User

I have been on Zoloft for about 3 weeks. At first it seemed my appetite disappeared, now it has returned full force. I am a little concerned. No weight gain yet, but, if I continue eating the way I have the last few days, it is coming.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #7
(female)

kitykat610 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corri
I have been on Zoloft for about 3 weeks. At first it seemed my appetite disappeared, now it has returned full force. I am a little concerned. No weight gain yet, but, if I continue eating the way I have the last few days, it is coming.
Corri...that's what happened to me....my cravings for junk food and sweets are out of control...in the past year I dieted and exercised and lost almost 40 lbs but since getting on the Zoloft the weight is creeping up...I'm so nervous about gaining the weight back that I've started excercising like crazy just to keep it down...I'd like to try another antidepressent but don't know which one to go on...any suggestions anyone?

Old 08-09-2005, 03:14 PM   #8
(female)

sandradee0303 HB User

Hi, I am new here but wanted to give my experience with Zoloft.

I am on my 6th week (2nd of 50mg). I haven't gained anything yet which is suprising because I gained with paxil, prozac, celexa and lexapro. I do have cravings but not as bad as normal. My doctor just added 100mg of Wellbutrin SR to my cocktail of Z and Klonopin to see if it help with the sex drive and energy issues, maybe even to help lose a few pounds gained on the other ad's.

If you are not happy, keep looking. Eventually you will find the right combination for your body.

Closed Thread