It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
(female)

HarajukuGurl2005 HB User
What ever happened to having true friends?

My friend and I hung out by the pool today and had a really good time just talking and laughing. She was over all day, and then goes "Ok, I have to get ready to go out tonight to the club! Maybe we can swim at your pool tomorrow." HA, get real. She didnt even ask me to meet up. I never met her other friends from high school, but whenever she does stuff with them, I wont hear from her. If I am good enough to spend the day with, and she knew all day long she was going out, why couldnt i be invited? I love going out, dancing, and having a good time like any 22 year old. *** is her problem? I know her highschool friends used to ditch her every now and then and call only went they wanted something (b-day, holidays) Now all of a sudden, they are super-close and she's the one ditching me. What a biatch. Sometimes I wish I was a guy. I hate when girls play games.

Old 09-04-2005, 10:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User
Re: What ever happened to having true friends?

Hi Sweetie
You are so right, with friends like that you don't need any enemies. I would have to suddenly have somewhere else to go or something else to do the next time she just drops by. It's really immature but some people never grow up. I hope you have a fun and safe Labor Day!

Love and hugs,
Sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 01:57 AM   #3
Inactive

s1980 HB User

hi there,
I have a little story, maybe could help...
When I was younger, shortly after my first 12 rounds with depression, I discovered a dream - to travel the world. I saved up my money furiously and I kept trying to find like minded people who might be up for a summer abroad somewhere, maybe a small road trip, or even perhaps a weeks holiday. But the thing is, everyone has their own life, they have all their own commitments, people tend to be too involved with their own situation. A few people said they would like to but they were just being polite. At the age of 20 I just thought to myself - well I think I've wasted enough time now so I think I'll just go.

I arrived in Perth International Airport, Western Australia, in the middle of night thinking 'Oh ***** what have I done?' and that was the start of the most incredible 2 years of my life. I met so many people, (including my current partner), I experienced so much, I was so much braver than I could have ever imagined, I mean I was so poor most of the time I was living in a tent - little old me, travelling round Australia and New Zealand in a tent!!!

I look back and I am so glad I did that. I learned so much from it, It helped me in so many ways with things that I have had to deal with since.

You don't have to wait for others. You don't have to wait until someone wants to spend time with you - go out there, do the things you want to do for yourself - if I can do it anyone can do it. If you wait for others, things you want to happen probably wont. I didn't wait, thank goodness because I would have missed so much if I had.

all the best

Old 09-05-2005, 06:45 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Felicia65 HB User

hello, I can understand that you wont friends, hey we all do thats human, But I have found that In life ,people come and go. I have had many that I thought was my friend But in the end, I am my own best friend, It is nice to have someone to talk to and share things with, But be good to yourself, Maybe she is not the one, or maybe she is a tag a long herself and that is why she did not invite you, But whatever the reason Just blow it off. Because there are people out here that would love to have you as a best friend. Chin up! Be your own best friend. Be good to yourself.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Hi imabigfatbalh,

Iím with the first three. This is the third time in one day I am working with the ďfriend stabbing in the back situationĒ today!!! The wolves are out. IS IT A FULL MOON TODAY? I believe it may be beneficial to you to look at Sandra2005ís post here today as well. You know I agree with all my dear friends here. LOVE AND TREAT YOURSELF MORE KIND!!! Do not confuse it with what they are though. Too many I, ME, MY people out there today. We donít understand such selfishness any more than they understand our sensativity. WE FEEL! You seem to have care concern and compassion for others as well. Perhaps thatís why they could never understand and are not bothered by doing that right to our faces. I feel sorry for them. You need to find others who feel the same about you. Put it all into perspective. Just look how grateful you will be when you find friends who are true!!!

Good Luck and God Bless

John

Closed Thread