It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

Detroiter HB User
Fluoxetine / Prozac make you tired?

Does anyone who takes Fluoxetine / Prozac find that it makes them tired? I've been exhausted lately and I'm not certain (but suspect) that it's my fairly recent switch to Fluoxetine that's made me this tired. I take 60 mg / day, in the morning.
Anyone else find it makes them tired? If so, how do you handle it? I work full time and then go to school for several hours a night and it's nearly impossible to make it through without falling asleep...

Old 09-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #2
(female)

MarciaD HB User
Re: Fluoxetine / Prozac make you tired?

Hi

Did you start out at 60 mg? My doctor started me out on a lower dosage and then gradually increased it to 60mg during the next 10 days or so. That seemed to give my body enough time to adjust to new medication. Hope this helps.

Good luck to you!

MarciaD

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #3
(male)

camjunkie HB User

I take 20mg daily and it makes me very tired. I also have problems thinking clearly. I have been on the drug for 7 weeks.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroiter View Post
Does anyone who takes Fluoxetine / Prozac find that it makes them tired? I've been exhausted lately and I'm not certain (but suspect) that it's my fairly recent switch to Fluoxetine that's made me this tired. I take 60 mg / day, in the morning.
Anyone else find it makes them tired? If so, how do you handle it? I work full time and then go to school for several hours a night and it's nearly impossible to make it through without falling asleep...
Have you tried taking it at night instead? That worked for me when I was on it. If that doesn't work, maybe you need the dosage lowered.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 PM   #5
(male)

camjunkie HB User

What time did you take the drug at night? Also, what was your dosage?

I am taking 20mg of Prozac daily along with 150mg of Wellbutrin XL. I cut the Prozac down to 10mg today and felt better - I wasn't as agitated or aggressive today. However, after feeling very hyper and energetic for about 3 hours, I crashed like you wouldn't believe. I finally gave up and slept from 5-7PM.

I am wondering if taking the drug at night would be better.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

I've been off of it for a little over a week, I was on 40mgs. I was on it for four years. Probably eighty percent of that time I was taking it in the morning because it caused me insomnia at night. I started on it at 10mg, that made me hyper so I took it in the morning. However, when I went to 20mg, I tried taking it in the morning, but within an hour it knocked me out. At that point, I switched to taking it at night at around 10:00 and that worked out good.

Last edited by kittywitty; 02-01-2007 at 09:42 AM.

Closed Thread