It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 09:43 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Do you wake up at exactly the same time every night?

I'm curious... for the last several months, I wake up at 5:29 am every single day (which is before my alarm goes off).

For years I woke up at 3:00 am.... but this shift to 5:29 (not 5:30 -- not 5:25) is weird.

I feel it, I'm awake, I dread looking over at the clock -- and when I do -- 5:29 a.m.

It's spooky.

Any idea if it means anything?

Old 09-13-2005, 10:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

RainSerpent HB User
Re: Do you wake up at exactly the same time every night?

Everyone has an internal clock. Do you want to wake up at this time? The fact that this is fairly consistent for you to wake up means that you are probably getting a good night's sleep and going to bed at the same time every night. Everyone would say that this is good.

If you want to change your wake up time, simply change your routine. Go to bed at different times with different levels of fatigue and if you wake up at night, stay awake for a little while. You could also go to sleep at different times of the day or night. Exposure to daylight will also reset the circadian sleep rhythm.

Have fun and I hope you feel well rested every morning!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 10:22 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

hgray37 HB User

That is spooky. I usually wake up between 3:30 - 4:00 am and many times, but not as consistant as you with 5:29, when I look at the clock it's 3:33 am. I too tried to figure out if there was some hidden meaning to it but never came up with anything. I totaled the numbers, reversed them.....you name it I tried to figure it out. The only thing I really ever came up with was the fact it was to early to be waking up.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

SOE,

I donít know but I used to do the same thing for years until around the same time you started a few months ago. I do agree with Paul that there is something to be said for routine and patterns. I believe it may be a healthy thing. I used to use my time then to think. It was a time before work and reality or pressures. It was MY OWN time that I only allowed just for ME to think about things that we can get distracted from in are normal rat race lives. I believe there is also a possibility that you are doing this now as a sign of the meds being out of your system. The reason I say this too is I believe although my meds are different that they stole that same thing and time in the morning away from me. I found it again but need the alarm clock now to struggle to find it.

I also came across and read another possible reason for me at least lately. Unfortunatly I am not very comfortable sharing it with you today. ALL IS GREAT SOE!!!!

Old 09-13-2005, 12:01 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDiV
I also came across and read another possible reason for me at least lately. Unfortunatly I am not very comfortable sharing it with you today.
Ok, when you are comfortable -- if you think it will help me -- fill me in.

I don't like waking up this early -- I feel like I need all the sleep I can get. I usually go right back to sleep, but really -- this is starting to creep me out.

Quote:
ALL IS GREAT SOE!!!!
Hooray!

Old 09-13-2005, 12:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Iím back at it too lately even with the meds. I sometimes bump into Sam here or do tea with Angel. Welcome to the Breakfast club friend!!!!

Love Ya SOE!!!!

Donít get creeped. Youíre among friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2005, 12:51 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Love ya back!

It's odd because I don't go to bed at the same time every night -- nor do I fall asleep at the same time -- so the 5:29 am thing is strange....

SOE

Old 09-13-2005, 01:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Yes and I see that itís about 4:00 or 5:00 sometimes for me and Angel. We like to blame our cats.

Sam hasnít found what it is either. I caught her walking the floor just this morning in an adorable robe and slippers. LOL!!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 08:23 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Hi ((((((SOE)))))))

GOOD MORNING!!!!

Picked up some nice blue berries and strawberries at the fruit market yesterday. Which would you rather have on the waffles? See what Iím doing here? Now Iím creating a craving. I swear Iím gonna gain about 20 lbs if I keep coming on here. LOL!!!

How did you sleep today??? Loved your song selection.

Wishing you a WONDERFUL GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

Hello John,

Thanks for the visit. I'm feeling very down today, not really sure why... just down. Something's bothering me, but I'm not really sure what... does that make sense?

And my poor little head is aching -- I've already taken 4 advil... I guess I feel whiny too

I hope that you are having a wonderful day!

SOE

Old 09-14-2005, 12:31 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Maybe itís your turn for a foot rub?

Thatís O.K. (((((SOE))))). We re all entitled to some bad days too. Just donít stay there to long. Take a nice long bath tonight and if that doesnt help let me know when you need me to throw you a rope O.K?

Love ya!

Old 09-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

Thanks John! Sometimes it helps just to be loved.

Love you too,
SOE

Old 09-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Oh you just want love hu?

Is there something wrong with my footrubs??? Just feel free to spill it all out on the floor. I can take it. What to hard, to soft, not enough lotion? What is it? LOL!!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 02:01 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User

Heya, I have exactly the same problem, with my sleeping, though I never thought to look to see whether it was always the exact time I realise it's probably been withing the same five minutes for years. Going to sleep however is exceedingly erratic. I figured it gave me a while to feel good about myself just before the alarm went off, but then it suddenly jumped to a lot earlier and now stays there damnit.
I'm going through a down patch too SoE, and yes it does help to be loved - sadly there never seems to be enough of that particular quantity arround, you have love form me tho.
xxxxx

Old 09-14-2005, 02:20 PM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
Oh you just want love hu?

Is there something wrong with my footrubs??? Just feel free to spill it all out on the floor. I can take it. What to hard, to soft, not enough lotion? What is it? LOL!!!!
Can I have both please? Footrubs and love? Pretty please? huh? Can I? Come on, please!

Last edited by SOE; 09-14-2005 at 02:21 PM. Reason: to beg :)

Closed Thread