It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 12:44 AM   #1

TwinStar HB User
Social Withdrawn

I'm only 17 this year yet have been suffering from depression for 2yr+.I refuse to step out of my house.I withdrawn from my friends and live in a world of my own.I have no mood to do anything,this include schooling or working.I didn't know what to do next...Hopelessly and aimlessly living each day.I'm so useless...*sighs*

Old 09-22-2005, 07:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User
Re: Social Withdrawn

I'm so sorry to hear that. I am only nineteen and have been suffering from depression for over six years....with extreme social phobia. Last night it was so bad, I was afraid to leave my room to go to the bathroom.....even though there was no one in the hallway.

Anyway, I feel your pain and I'm sorry that you have to be dealing with this. Have you recieved counseling? It really does help a lot...I just started going myself, which was a huge step for me, especially with my own social phobia. I also was put on medications to help the depression and phobia (they help a little). I would say it would be really beneficial to try to get into a counselor. I know how hard it is and how scary it is, but I know you can do it.

And you don't ever need to believe that you are worthless. Everyone has a place in this world and the world wouldn't be the same without you.

"Without suffering, there would be no compassion."
"tell that to those who suffer."
-A Walk to Remember

Just remember, you may seem like just a small part in this huge world, but you are an integral part, and important part that keeps this earth balanced. I care about you because I totally understand what you are going through and I want to help in any way I can.

I'm here for you in you need to talk!

X hugs X -angel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2005, 03:04 AM   #3
Inactive

s1980 HB User

Hi there,
So sorry you are feeling so bad at the moment.
Firstly, you are not useless, you are just struggling. With depression, dealing with even the smallest things in daily life feels very difficult, everything feels like such an effort, just functioning often feels so draining and exhausting.
I felt like I had absolutely no energy or desire to do anything, I was sleeping long long hours and then waking up feeling as though I had never slept in years, I was irritable, short tempered, teary, sensitive, uninterested in everything, had no appetite, the list goes on... I didn't want to go to work, or go out with friends or live a normal life and that is obviously not normal for somebody in the supposed 'prime' of their life - the 20's!!! Many people have many different symptoms when it comes to depression but there is no doubt what terrible effects it has upon those affected.

You must seek help, nothing changes sitting at home wishing for it to go away, please go to a doctor, or is there anyone you can talk to about this? If not, posting here is a great first step and there are also voluntary organisations that may be able to help you. But you must take the steps to help yourself, if you don't things wont get better. Depression is beatable - I know, I beat it - you can too.
all the best

Old 09-27-2005, 02:52 AM   #4
(male)

surreyboy HB User

Just wanted to say your post has exactly described where I am at the moment. The prospect of going out scares my totally. On occasion I have been "forced"out of my house by parents I have totally panicked and been very ill. The prospect of going out gives me a panic attack. You're not alone.

Closed Thread