It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 06:28 AM   #1
(female)

kellylynn25 HB User
depressed help plz

hey everyone..what will my dr ask me when i go in to say that im depressed? Will he put me on antidepressants? Am i going to have to tell him everything that is bothering me or just how i been acting? how do i tell them that im there because i feel i need antidepressants?

Last edited by kellylynn25; 09-22-2005 at 06:29 AM.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:55 AM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: depressed help plz

The doctor will ask you a lot of questions. HE will want to know how you sleep, what are you dreams like, How do you handle yourself in certain situations. He will ask what has been going on in your life. You need to tell him what you feel. You can write things down on a paper and bring it in with you if you have questions. I have to say though, why do you think your depressed? Because weaning yourself off of medication is VERY hard so if you don't have to get on them I wouldn't. But then again....only you know how things are in your life. My anti depressants help with my anxiety. I am not depressed but I can fly off the handle in seconds and my meds help me to cope a bit better and take the edge off and I don't feel the little trembles inside anymore. Medication is not a miracle drug and it's not going to make everything go away so I highly recommend seeing a couselor or maybe your pastor and talk with someone. Keep a journal for only you to read. Put things in there that make you feel bad. Try to not put yourself in situations that make you feel bad. It's all a learning and disapline process for us. No matter how old or how young we are we learn everyday. Find something that makes you happy, even if it's reading or sewing or going to the gym. I found that taking a multi vitamin and getting exericise helped me alot. I also take 1mg of xanex to relax enough to get to sleep so I finally get a great night's sleep which in turn makes me cope with life better. Don't get discouraged...just start to learn more about yourself. Life is too short to be depressed and there are sooooo many things out there that can make us happy. I wish you the very best and I hope your doctor is a good one. Lots of love.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #3
(female)

kellylynn25 HB User
Re: depressed help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher
The doctor will ask you a lot of questions. HE will want to know how you sleep, what are you dreams like, How do you handle yourself in certain situations. He will ask what has been going on in your life. You need to tell him what you feel. You can write things down on a paper and bring it in with you if you have questions. I have to say though, why do you think your depressed? Because weaning yourself off of medication is VERY hard so if you don't have to get on them I wouldn't. But then again....only you know how things are in your life. My anti depressants help with my anxiety. I am not depressed but I can fly off the handle in seconds and my meds help me to cope a bit better and take the edge off and I don't feel the little trembles inside anymore. Medication is not a miracle drug and it's not going to make everything go away so I highly recommend seeing a couselor or maybe your pastor and talk with someone. Keep a journal for only you to read. Put things in there that make you feel bad. Try to not put yourself in situations that make you feel bad. It's all a learning and disapline process for us. No matter how old or how young we are we learn everyday. Find something that makes you happy, even if it's reading or sewing or going to the gym. I found that taking a multi vitamin and getting exericise helped me alot. I also take 1mg of xanex to relax enough to get to sleep so I finally get a great night's sleep which in turn makes me cope with life better. Don't get discouraged...just start to learn more about yourself. Life is too short to be depressed and there are sooooo many things out there that can make us happy. I wish you the very best and I hope your doctor is a good one. Lots of love.
thank you very much for the advice..dr put me on prozac...know of any side effects? wish you the best of luck! =)

Closed Thread