It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

naturality HB User
Going to doctor tomorrow...

i hope i have the courage to speak to him about this.
i'm scared.
but i'm unsure
i did not realize until last week that i must be seriously depressed.
maybe?
i lost my job in july, i dont want to do anything, go anywhere, i just dont want to be. everything makes me sad. the whole world....does that make sense? like everything in the world just makes me so so sad. i feel like nothing is right that i do, im ****ing up at school missing classes and just...i'm just hurting inside. i dont know. and i keep crying. i cry so much. and i'm no fun anymore and i think i'm scaring my baby brother.
i dont know how to say this to my doctor. i dont want to see a therapist. i dont want to have to take a pill everyday. but i want to feel ok again. i am really nervous and i guess i just need help.

how do i tell my doctor? i dotn want to have to go to a hospital or anything. help me please, what do u think i should do?

Old 09-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

hoiz HB User
Re: Going to doctor tomorrow...

Hey firstly take a breather hun.If you stay calm taking deep breathes and dont work yourself up more than you need to, then you will be able to easily talk to your doctor.I would suggest you write a letter explaining exactly how you feel down to the last detailed feeling.Often it is easier to express your true thoughts using pen to paper, as words can stop short of your mouth.It took me around 3 months before i gained the courage to seek help from my doctor for my depression, and then it took about 5 or 6 appointments until i thrust a 4 paged letter into her hand explaining my problems from childhood to the present day, and my exact feelings.Each time i went to see her, i worked myself up into such a state worrying that she wouldnt be able to help me, that i couldnt express the true severity of my depression.

You question whether you are suffering from the illness (quote)"i did not realize until last week that i must be seriously depressed.maybe?" From your symptoms of feeling very low, constantly crying, shutting yourself away from your friends/family and the world and feelings anger and guilt towards your self, you are very much suffering from depression which needs to be treated.
You say you dont want to see a therapist or take any medication, why is this?The main form of treating depression is attending sessions with a councellor/therapist or taking anti depressants.Excercise and a healthy balanced diet is also ment to balance the chemicals in your brain which cause the depression.But you do recognise you need help, which is a brave and couragous step to beating this illness.It is not your fault you are suffering from depression, and you do need help to fight this.

So tomorrow when you see your doctor, i urge you to talk in detail of your feelings and problems in order to get the right help.
Take care.Holly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2005, 04:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

I just want to say that I agree with Holly. It's much easier to write down your feelings and hand them to your doctor.

Best wishes,
Sam

Old 09-22-2005, 06:56 PM   #4
(female)

cartjen HB User

Posters are right. I just want to add, good for you! You should feel good that you're taking the first step to getting help. Lots of people go through life without getting help, thinking they're doomed to feel that way forever. You're not. I took years to get help, so I know where you're at. Good luck, you'll be better for it! Congrats on the first step!

Old 09-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #5
(female)

kellylynn25 HB User

wow you sound exactly like me...i went to my dr today felt like a complete fool because started crying while talking to her..anyways..i just told her that i was not myself for the past 3 weeks and she asked me why i felt that way, told her all i wanna do is stay in bed..have no motivation to do anything and cry over nothing..well she did put me on prozac, but gave me an option if i wanted the med or not, hey i need to feel better... i felt stupid going embarassed and didnt know what to say to her...she asked me if i ever thought of suicide or if any major changes in my life and asked me about my job..other than that was only in there about 10 mins if that..you'll be fine hon

Old 09-22-2005, 09:31 PM   #6
(female)

mothersbears HB User

please tell your doctor everything, i was also depressed and i fell alot better now yes i have to take meds and you will to most likely they are not bad to be on . you may have to try a few different ones until you get the right ones. it,s always good to see a theripist also ,they can really help you .so please don,t wait tell the doc everything you said here he will know exactly what to do for you. if you need to talk please post again and let me know what he tells you . god bless you , love mothersbears.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:14 AM   #7
(female)

naturality HB User

thank u guys for your support.
i went, i brokedown crying like a fool in her office.
i told her all about how i was feeling, well tried to anyway.
it was really hard
she asked a million questions and gave me paxil, ambien and a referral to a psych.

i am glad i took the first step too. it was really hard.
i hope this med works without too many side effects.
i just really really need to feel better.

thanks for listening, i'm glad i found these boards.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

MildDepJeff HB User

That's awesome that you took the first step. I'm so happy for you!

Go ahead and see the psych, they may know better than your regular doctor what the best medicine is for you. And they should help you in terms of talking it out, helping you cope in general.

Good luck and keep posting!

Old 09-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturality
thank u guys for your support.
i went, i brokedown crying like a fool in her office.
i told her all about how i was feeling, well tried to anyway.
it was really hard
she asked a million questions and gave me paxil, ambien and a referral to a psych.

i am glad i took the first step too. it was really hard.
i hope this med works without too many side effects.
i just really really need to feel better.

thanks for listening, i'm glad i found these boards.
Hi Naturality
That's good news! I hope the paxil works for you. Go to the psychiatrist! It's always frightening to see a new doctor but just be honest.

Keep posting, you are not alone!

Best wishes,
Sam

Closed Thread