It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
(male)

Kiba HB User
Unhappy The good and the bad!!!

Hi Arememom, JohnDiV, Sam, and everyone else !!!!!

Sorry I have not been on lately I go grounded again by my dad because of the counseling appointment. What could I do the counseler asked me for the truth about what my dad says to me and I told the truth. On other news after my dad cooled off, we all made up and all the fighting has stoped . I told my doctor about my suicidal thoughts but me thinks I am joking around for some reason. I am glad that the stuff with my parents is over with but my depression is not getting any better (I don't want to go back to the hospital again). I still can't sleep, I lost intrest in eating, the thoughts are coming more often, and I can feel myself trying to pull away from everything. What should I do now without worrying my parents again? well I have talked enough for now.

Best of Luck to ALL !!!!!
Your friend/adopted son
Kiba

Old 09-23-2005, 09:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User
Re: The good and the bad!!!

Hi Kiba
It's not your job to protect your parents. Keep telling them, until they believe you. You need to tell them so you can stay safe. Somethings not right if your sleep, eating habits, suicidal thoughts and withdrawing are all effecting you. Tell your doctor how severe everything is and if you feel that you can't trust yourself then you may have to call 911.

Love, hugs and prayers,
Sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2005, 10:09 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Arememom HB User

Hi Kiba,

I'm so glad to hear from you. Was beginning to worry. I'm glad to hear the fighting has stopped. Sounds like your dad took a big step forward.

I don't know your whole life story Kiba. So it's hard for me to know where your depression, suicidal ideation comes from. But I can tell you that I have suffered from depression my entire life. I've been on anti-depressants for over 20 years. There have been times in my life where the things happening to me or around me caused me to sink into a deeper depresssion. And then there were other times when everything around me was great, but yet I was still depressed. I'm sure you've heard that some of us just have a chemical imbalance in our head. That's how our meds help us, they correct or help that imbalance.

I'm going to ask some questions, not for you to answer here on the message board. But to answer to yourself and see if there is something that you need to address with your doctor. Here goes... Are you on any anti-depressants? If yes, are you taking them correctly? If not, they won't work. Is something going on that you aren't telling anyone about (ie taking illegal drugs, someone sexually abused or ongoing abusing you). I vaguely remember you made reference to something about wanting plastic surgery at one point. It was when I first came on the board and I didn't know what you were talking about. And if you don't want to tell me that's ok. None of the stuff I've just said or asked matters to me. Because true friends don't care about all that stuff. A true friend loves you no matter what. I have two true friends in my life who are there for me in the good and bad times. Even though I've screwed up my life badly at times. They are there to stand beside me especially in the bad times. And I'm there for them in their bad times too. I wish for you all the happiness that life has to offer. But you have to want the happiness and only you can work to be happy. Happiness doesn't always come easy. Sometimes you have to work hard to achieve it.

I try to find one thing to be happy about or to just smile about each day. It may be just going outside and looking around on a sunny warm day. Feel the warmth of the sun on my face. I smile to myself and say this is what makes me happy today. I hope you have a good Saturday and hope to hear from you soon.

Your friend always, Tee

Last edited by Arememom; 09-23-2005 at 10:13 PM.

Old 09-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Hi Kiba,

I see you been to my song thread. I just wanted to stop by and say hi. Hey little brother. I am glad you parents stopped fighting for now. Thatís great news!!!

I would have asked the doc why he thought I was joking or something if I seen him instead of my doc. Maybe he just didnít know what to say??? He is getting paid to treat you and he is supposed to listen and take anything you say seriously. You know what I mean?

Hope to see you back at the song thread some more.

Best wishes and prayers
Your Big Brother
Johnny

Old 09-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #5
(male)

Kiba HB User

Sorry if I worryed anyone. Wow, I didn't think of it in that way that I am trying to protect my parents but I guess it is true. It is more along the line that I don't want anyone to worry about me especially my parents because we are all a hole family now that the fighting has stoped. I know that it's just me but I am scared to tell anyone because I don't want to be looked at as a nut case (especially now that I am in school). All I wanted from life is to be normal without having medical problems but stuff happens. I still have not told them about the suicidal thoughts this round yet but I have told my doctor but he thinks I am joking or somthing. All I can say is that I hate my doctor now because it was hard enough to tell him but now I have to tell someone else so I can get help. Any Ideas ???

Your friend/adopted son
Kiba

Tee (mom): I am on anti-depressants and I take them like they were give to me but I do hate the effexor that I am on but I still take it anyways or I kiss life good bye .

Old 09-24-2005, 09:34 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Arememom HB User

Hi Kiba (son),

Hope your day went well. I've worked on building a website all day. It will really be cool when I'm finished. I know kids can really be cruel when you're in school. I saw it way back when I was in high school and I hear from my daughter that things haven't changed much. Keep taking your meds and talk to your therapist again about your thoughts. Point blank ask him - Why do you think I'm kidding. And if you're serious, make him believe you. Smile for me as you read this and know as I was typing I was smiling too.

Hope you have a good Sunday. I'm hanging out with my daughter and some of our friends.

Good Night
Tee (mom)

Old 09-25-2005, 01:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba

All I can say is that I hate my doctor now because it was hard enough to tell him but now I have to tell someone else so I can get help. Any Ideas ???

Your friend/adopted son
Kiba

Tee (mom): I am on anti-depressants and I take them like they were give to me but I do hate the effexor that I am on but I still take it anyways or I kiss life good bye .

Hi Kiba,

I know it may be difficult right now but you might have to let someone know you need to try another doctor. I have had many over some time. I need to feel comfortable and like them no matter what my illness. Different doctors are just like us. Everyone makes good points and helps us see different things.

I hope this helps.

God Bless you and thanks for being my friend.

Your Big Brother
Johnny

Old 09-25-2005, 08:34 PM   #8
(male)

Kiba HB User

Hi Arememom, JohnDiV, Sam, and everyone else !!!!

This is sad, it's another down day for me. No matter what I try I can not get the suicidal thoughts under control today. Other than that I went out to a great dinner with my parents for the first time in a month . I talked to my teacher today online and she is going to take time out of her day so I can tell her what is going on in my head so she can help me get help tommorow. Sorry to say she is the only person that I see that I can open up to without much problems. Atleast I am willing to tell her what is going on so I think that counts as a good start to getting help but I refuse to see my old doctor. Hey just asking but I am having the weirdest things going on sence I started effexor. Ever sence I started I have had a dry mouth, weird dreams (when I can get to sleep), altered taste, sweating, and a upset stomach. Is it me or the med and if so what should I do ? Well I will talk to you all tommorow.

Your friend/adopted son
Kiba

PS. to Sam(mom), Tee(mom), John(big brother)
Heart filled hugs and I love u all!!!

Old 09-25-2005, 08:48 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

sinnister81 HB User

If its that bad and hard to tell him write him a letter and give it to him in person, that way u dont screw ur words up when talking to him.

Old 09-25-2005, 08:52 PM   #10
(male)

Kiba HB User

tryed that and I passed out in front of them

Old 09-25-2005, 08:59 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Arememom HB User

Hey Kiba (son)

I'm so glad you are going to talk to your teacher. Hopefully she can help you go in the right direction. As far as your symptoms, they are probably all related to the med. And after you're on the med for 2-4 weeks, they should decrease. But you may want to just let your doc know. I'm not sure about the upset stomach part. Are you going to find a new doc to see? Hope you have a good day.

Love ya
Tee (mom)

Old 09-25-2005, 09:04 PM   #12
(male)

Kiba HB User

Just to tell you I have been on the med for 3 months now and the symptoms have not change plus I have had the upset stomach every day sence I started the med.

Old 09-25-2005, 10:36 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Hi Kiba
It sounds like a good idea talking to your teacher. Just make sure you stay safe. You know you can always call 911 if you need to.

It could be side effects from the meds but you need to talk to a doctor about your meds and your suicidal thoughts.

Love, hugs and prayers,
Sam

Old 09-26-2005, 12:13 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Arememom HB User

Hi Kibba (son),

Sounds like your doc needs to change your med. The side effects are too bad if they are still there after this long. Also, it doesn't seem to be helping with your depression. Are you bi-polar? That is also harder to control than just plain depression. Hope your day went well. Did you get to talk to your teacher?

Love ya
Tee (mom)

Old 09-27-2005, 07:48 PM   #15
(male)

Kiba HB User

Well, I talked to my teacher and at first she freaked out over what I told her but she said that she would help me tell my parents what is going on in my head. I think I am on the right track to getting better again. I also told her about the side effects I am having with my med and she is also going to help me tell that to my parents. She called the school nurse and asked her about the side effects of effexor and all my current problems are side effects of effexor. I still really dislike the fact that my parents have to know but I know that it is for my saftey. When I tell my parents what is going on I also plane on telling them the truth of what I think about my doctor. I hate him for what he did. I will try to stay strong and if it gets out of control again I promise that I will call 911 and go to the hospital for help. Talk to you all latter!

Your friend/adopted son
Kiba

PS. to Sam(mom), Tee(mom), John(big brother)
Heart filled hugs and I love u all !!!

Closed Thread