It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

tarcie HB User
seeking help is making me more depressed and anxious!

I've suffered from depression and anxiety for at least 10 years. I sought therapy only once and I didn't give it a chance to work. I've hit another serious low recently and want to seek therapy again. I do believe this time I have a more realistic view of what to expect from it. My problem is that in seeking help it makes me feel a thousand times more depressed and anxious than if I just try to pretend that everything is fine. I'm worried that therapy will be so difficult that I won't be able to get through it or I won't be able to funtion in my daily activities. My whole day today revolved around this fear and I haven't been able to do many of the things I'm supposed to be doing. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a coping mechanism?

Old 09-26-2005, 02:34 PM   #2
(female)

Jecca1 HB User
Re: seeking help is making me more depressed and anxious!

I believe the part you are dreading is the process of opening up and talking to your doctor. From all I have heard and read, this can be painful, but is necessary in order to find the root of the problem. Bad memories are painful to recall, but you need to realize why you feel this way.

Best of luck.

jecca1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2005, 02:47 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Felicia65 HB User

remember one thing if you do not wont to talk about somthing you dont have too. take it slow, have you ever took meds for this? they can help alot, you will be just fine dont worry about that you just have to start feeling better. and thats what they are there for.................. felicia

Old 09-27-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
(female)

tarcie HB User

Thanks for your replys. I tried Prozac. It was not for me to say the least! I think I want to stay away from meds and see how it goes.

I do believe that opening up is going to be the hardest part...just thinking about it makes me cry. I'm afraid I will be a basket case for a long time.

Closed Thread