It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2005, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

korpacz1 HB User
depression headaches

Hi, new here and just wanted to know if anyone has depression headaches? The reason I ask is because I was on paxil for 8 years and went off of it last June. In August I started getting these weird weird headaches. I have been to GP, ENT, Neuro and gyno with no luck. They tell me I have headaches. Duh? My MRI was fine.

So, a year or so later, I am still dealing with the headaches. All I do is cry and cry. Am I depressed because of the headaches or are the headaches a sign of depression? I could go round and round.

I just don't care anymore about anything -- friends, husband, life, work, etc. I would like nothing more than to just lay in bed. At nights I actually go into my bed at 8:00 PM and cry. I hate feeling like this. I remember what it was like 8 years ago. Do I go back on ADs? Neuro gave me elavil for headaches, but that did not work at all.

Been doing research on headaches and depression. It is all I think about 24/7. I can't sleep. Last night I was up at 2 AM and that was it for me. Have lost weight. Headaches have become my life.

If anyone has any suggestions or has gone through this, please respond??
Please

Sue

Old 09-27-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: depression headaches

depression and headaches are definately linked, due to increases in anxiety and tension. Why did you go off of Paxil? Unfortunately with a drug like paxil or effexor it can take almost a year for their brain to be able to regulate itself again. I know when I miss my dose I develope strong headaches pretty quickly and they go away once I get my dose again. Sounds a lot like addiction doesn't it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2005, 10:22 AM   #3
(female)

korpacz1 HB User

I went off of it because it didn't seem to help anymore and I figured 8 years was enough. I weaned very slowly with the liquid, so my side effects were minimal (after the 4th time trying). Went on Wellbutrin after that, but that didn't seem to help either. I felt I was okay. I just didn't want to be on pills anymore. I hate taking them. I really feel that paxil messed my brain up in some ways. But I have no way to prove it. Neuro, of course, said it wasn't the paxil or the withdrawal from an AD.

I am thinking of going back on something, but I don't know what. AD or headaches for the rest of my life? Which would anyone choose. At this point, I don't care if I gain 50 pounds from AD, as long as these stupid headache sensations stop.

Sue

Old 09-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

I think you are being put in a position to choose between the headaches or taking the pills, maybe you need to think back to when you were on paxil and to see if it did work before it bottomed out to how you are living now. I am pretty much grasping at straws but hopefully it will help

Old 09-27-2005, 01:52 PM   #5
(female)

korpacz1 HB User

I have no quality of life now. If you hurt your arm or leg, that is one thing, but to have a constant ache in your brain is another. I can't think, eat, sleep, etc. It affects everything I do and don't do, which this list is getting longer by the moment. No one knows I am thinking about doing this. But last night I just couldn't take it anymore.

Do you know where I can read more about paxil with its long term side effects, which I mean after you quit and a year later, where are they now?

My quality of life on paxil was okay. I know I was "somber" a lot. My mother is also a depressed person. She has been on AD's for most of her life and still is and she is 78. Genetic?

I am worried though if I go back on something and it doesn't "work" that I will have to withdraw and we all know how that can be.

Any help?

Old 09-27-2005, 09:31 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

just put paxil lawsuits into any search engine and you will get plenty of results. Again it is going to come down to a choice of quality of life. There are natural remedies out there that some people have had success with....but I do not know much about them

Closed Thread