It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
(female)

christys76 HB User
Question Doxepin? Need some advice please...

my boyfriend takes Doxepin which I know is for depression...but he takes it to treat his neuropothy....well I have been with him almost 2 years...and about a year after with him...he started the doxepin. My boyfriend was the most sweetest...outgoing guys ever...we loved going out...doing things...he was so full of love and life...and recently...he has confessed to me...that he has no feelings...for anyone...or anything. I have noticed this change in him for the past 8 months...as a girlfriend...u can tell when your BF isnt acting normal...he wants to sit at home..and go to work..thats all he does..hes lifeless practically...he has no more interest in the things he once used too...and IM trying so hard to help him...he says it feels like he is numb...head to toe...he says it almost feels like he has forgotten how to feel anything...his grandmothers died..he felt no emotion at all..and that is not like him...when we were first topgether..ive seen him cry a few times...so I know this is not the man I fell in love with. To me...this sounds like depression..he is distancing him self from things he loves..and people who loves him. I want to help him..I dont like seeing him like this. I have read some things on Doxepin...and side affects include...distancing from people...worsen depression...unusal behavior...im wondering if he could be suffering from the side affects of this drug...i dont know much about it..but want to learn more...if anyuone has any info...I would love some...to let me know if it could be the drug or not...he has a docs appt...but im hoping to talk to people who has been on it...or known people who has.

thanks so much christy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2005, 07:59 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

MildDepJeff HB User
Re: Doxepin? Need some advice please...

Well I don't know anything about that particular drug, but I'd definitely say it sounds like he's having some side effects. Will you be going with him to the doctor? I would recommend it... that way you can make sure the doctor understands what a big deal this is. Since he's feeling "numb" he might not emphasize it enough to the doctor.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:05 AM   #3
(female)

christys76 HB User

well, I asked him to let me go to the Docs with him..so I can explain it to the doctors from a GF's point of view...but he says he promises to tell them everything...he actually broke up with me saturday because of the *no feeling* thing..and I know its just not me...he doesnt even want anything to do with his family. We still talk..and see each other...he told me...just because he doesnt feel that he loves me...doesnt mean its not there...he literally can not feel it....for anyone. He has agreed to let me help him thru this...and we agreed we are not giving up on each other...it just saddens me to see him like this. Its almost like he is a zombie...which is not him. thanks for the post tho...its nice to have someone to talk about all this too.

christy

Old 09-28-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

MildDepJeff HB User

Well I'd ask again if you can go with him. But he may not feel comfortable talking about his feelings (for you as well as other feelings) to someone else in front of you, so you may just have to hope he does OK on his own.

I'm sorry you broke up . I hope it works out in the long run. It is great that you are not giving up on him, but make sure you're taking care of yourself well enough that you don't let your worry for him run you down. Good luck!

[edit] Oh had one more thought, if he doesn't want you to go with him, you could offer to write a note to the doctor explaining your concerns, that way he can let the doctor know your input without having to have you present.

Last edited by MildDepJeff; 09-28-2005 at 08:13 AM.

Old 09-28-2005, 08:20 AM   #5
(female)

christys76 HB User

ya know..that is a great idea....I never thought about that....writing the note to the doctor...I may just do that. Nate is not good talking about his feelings period...lol He never has been...ive been to many appts with him...where I did most of the talking for him....but I will definately bring that up to him.

I am taking care of myself as well...but I will not give up on him....I have great friends who are helping me thru this...and even after he broke up with me...he is still being great about it too. I told him if it is the meds..and there is that small thread of hope of getting him back..I will hold on...hes my Nate...I wont give up that easy

thanks again

christy

Closed Thread