It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
(male)

St.Thomas HB User
Switching from Celexa to Cymbalta

I've been on Celexa 40mg for 4 years now and for some reason it just quit working for me about 2 weeks ago. I started feeling panic/anxious, which made me depressed because I couldn't quit dwelling on it. My doctor put me up to 60mg of Celexa, but that just didn't seem to cut it, so he just switched me to Cymbalta yesterday. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this type of reaction with Celexa? I also can't find out too much about Cymbalta. I haven't been able to find any success stories with it. Any info that anyone can provide would be excellent.

THANKS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
(male)

St.Thomas HB User
Re: Switching from Celexa to Cymbalta

Does anyone have any input???? Any info would be great!!!!

Thanks,,,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
(female)

RedeemedHeart HB User

I don't have any long term personal experience with Cymbalta. I took it for a a little over a week, I think but it made me too sleepy. I had a ton of stuff happening at the time and couldn't rest when i needed to. I actually am planning to give it another try when my husband goes on vacation soon.
I wasn't taking it for depression I have FM and was taking it for pain.

I have a friend who does take it for depression issues as well as pain and she thinks its great. She was also initially pretty sleepy but it went away after a couple of weeks. She has been on it almost since it first came out.

I hope this helps... there are some other posts on the Fibromyalgia site about Cymbalta too.

Blessings,
Kathy

Old 10-03-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
(male)

St.Thomas HB User

Thanks Kathy!!! Again, any info is great... I'm glad your friend is having success with it... That makes me feel better about taking it

Old 10-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #5
(female)

chrismom HB User

Hi

I've been on Cymbalta for 3 weeks. I feel like it just started working. I had to go on slowly because it made me feel really zombied the first few days. I've been on 30mg for 3 weeks and I have more energy and feel less depressed. The only thing is my sleep is really bad. I've been taking Lunesta for a few days to get some good sleep. I'm hoping that goes away.

Good luck!

Chris

Closed Thread