It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2005, 12:24 AM   #1
(female)

blonde2238 HB User
Unhappy Is this a symptom of depression?..ROP

I feel like I am depressed because I am not motivated to do anything lately and would love nothing more than to lay around all day and be alone. I also have other symptoms, but I wonder if constant worry and anxiety is part of depression and if Prozac (which I've just started taking the 10 mg) will help with this. It seems like every day I find something else to worry about and make myself sick over. It's usually worrying that someone is mad at me or that they don't like me or something. I don't really worry so much about things that could happen, just other people's feelings towards me. Is this part of depression and will it go away once Prozac gets in my system? Does anyone have any other methods of coping? I feel like I am going to lose my mind if I keep up this constant worrying!! Please help!
Thanks!

Old 09-30-2005, 01:40 AM   #2

Excelsoir HB User
Re: Is this a symptom of depression?..ROP

Your low mood and lack of interest in activities etc that you usually get some enjoyment from are indications that you are indeed clinically depressed rather than a "down" mood. *****ver prescribed you Prozac must also think you need this antidepressant too. Such medications can and do help with depression, but it may take some weeks for the beneficial effect to occur.There are also effective ways of dealing with depression. An example would be what is called cognitive behaviour therapy which can have long lasting very positive results. You would need to see a doctor or a clinical psychologist skilled in such therapy, as well as doing your own reading. There is a lot of good information available, and you are very active in your own treatment. Depression can be a way of handling a personal problem in an unhelpful way. If you have any particular personal problem it may help to discuss this with a trusted friend and tackle the issue in a different way. I don't think you should continue laying around feeling bad about yourself as this is unlikely to change anything for you. There is no easy answer, I know from personal experience, so I wish you the best and that the Prozac helps you soon to feel better. Let us know how you are getting along.
Regards, Excelsior

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread