It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User
Smile The good and the bad.

Hi everyone. Today seems to be going okay...besides healing from a bad self-injury I did last week. It was pretty severe and is killing me. My TMJ is acting up as well. Seems like the physical things are about the usual today. Nothing serious..but not great either.

Weeellll, anyway, I had a bad night two nights ago and I sent this crazy email to my resident advisor. He then was worried and sent it to my resident director and so we had a little chat today. We basically talked about how worried they were about me and what we can do when I'm in a crisis. It was okay but that stuff always makes me so nervous. Right now I'm alone just chilling here. I really don't like being alone, but I'm dealing with it.

Anyway, stuff has been pretty bad lately...the mood swings, the emptiness, the anger...stressing others out as much as it is stressing out me. But I talked about how I like animals and I got the RDs permission to have some pets in my room (which normally isn't allowed). So that made my week a lot better. Now I'm deciding what kind of animal to get!

My thoughts and hugs are with everyone here! I hope you have a better week!

<<<<HUGS FOR ALL>>>>

-Angel

Old 09-30-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

MildDepJeff HB User
Re: The good and the bad.

Hey glad some things are working out better for you!

I'd recommend a cat. They're self-cleaning, cuddly, don't need to be walked or taken outside, and they know when you're feeling bad and will try to take care of you (by sitting on you and purring). If you go somewhere you can leave them with a few days' food and water, and if you're gone longer it is easy to get someone to take care of them for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2005, 12:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User
Re: The good and the bad.

Hi darkangel, sorry to hear you had a bad time of it, I was worried you didn't post for a while. Glad you managed to get talking and getting some things sorted, it must be good to know that you do have a support network in place if you have a crisis again.
A pet sounds like a great idea, cats are lovely (visit another of my regular threads for a looong cat discussion lol) but if they say it has to be a caged something then please please please don't get birds, they're beautiful and all but every time I see birds in a pet shop I want to don black ninja outfit and free them in the night.
hugs to you, hope you have a good day and many more to come

Closed Thread