It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2005, 11:37 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sk777 HB User
The Downward Spiral

Been a while since I've been here, though I used to be on the addiction & recovery message board. Really, profoundly depressed and hooked on benzos/ambien, does anyone know if they make you more depressed?

Finally seeing a pdoc for meds & therapy, though she thinks I need to go 4X/wk, did I mention I'm a student and she's not on my insurance plan?

At least 100 times a day I say I hate my life and I think stupid things like if I went away I wouldn't have to worry about the bugs in my apartment anymore. I work 12 - 14 hours, come home, take a pill and hide in my bed w/ a book until I'm so tired I fall asleep. On the weekends I want to go to work but my back hurts and I'm tired. Can't even muster the energy to get in the shower. Being with people makes me feel better for a little while, but not for long. My best friend moved away and since then I am totally antisocial.

Between the 2-3 migraines per week and pinched nerves in my back and neck, I'm in some kind of constant pain. I've been taking care of myself since I was 11 I think I want someone to take care of me so I can hide. I'm terrified I'm going to end up like Howard Hughes (I just saw the Aviator) except w/o the money.

Anyway, why am I here? I guess I want to know that there is someone out there who can relate.

Last edited by sk777; 10-30-2005 at 10:47 AM.

Old 10-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User
Re: The Downward Spiral

Hi
Yes, benzos can make depression worse. It's a catch 22 when you have anxiety which leads to depression or vice versa.

I have always thought if you weren't depressed before you see a psychiatrist you *will* be when you get their bill. Will your insurance pay for In patient? It's just a thought.

I haven't seen The Aviator, I would like to.

I don't know what to think about your psychiatrist. It seems that 4 x a week is quite a bit. If you don't feel comfortable with her and feel that you can't be completely honest, I would suggest finding one that you can.

Best wishes,
Sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
Re: The Downward Spiral

sk777, I've never been to this board before, I'm from the MS board. Just feeling like my life has been a total waste, thought this board might be a more appropriate place to come.
Re: "pdocs". Did a lot of time with them. Meds, weekly sessions for years, all out of pocket because my insurance never covered them. My personal opinion (and I am FULL of bias and completely jaded at 48) is that someone who thinks a student should see them 4X a week is not considering your total well-being. She must be insane.
My other personal opinion is that I never made real progress with therapists that LIKED me. I actually got something out of the 2 that ended up in shouting matches...I really am very strange, sorry.
Hope you can get the meds straightened out.

Closed Thread