It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 10:17 AM   #1

-Jellybean- HB User
how do you know

I don't know if I have "depression" or I just have problems.. lol.. I am 23 and I am quite heavy. I have gained a lot of weight in the last 6 years. I don't want to go out, I just like to stay home, I don't want to be with famly or friends. It is mostly probabloy because I am insecure, but I have such mood swings, and I am not happy.

Is this something that I should go see a doctor about, or is it nothing and is just an insecurity??

When I was in HS I would "cut Myself" not anymore, I haven't done that in years, but I never went to see a doctor about that. I hear that if you have depression and you do not get it treated, it doesn't really go away... So I am just curious, so anyone that can help...

Old 10-03-2005, 01:12 PM   #2

knotme HB User
Re: how do you know

hey Jbean
I know how you feel. We all have body image issues. Doesn't matter how pretty you are, there's always something we wish it could be better Perhaps you should go get a physical check up and bring up the issues with your GP. Even if you have no desire to loose weight, doc can suggest ways or referr therapy/meds to aide your depression. Also it doesn't hurt to go out for a walk once in a while. Good luck, help you feel better

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 07:09 AM   #3

-Jellybean- HB User
Re: how do you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotme
hey Jbean
I know how you feel. We all have body image issues. Doesn't matter how pretty you are, there's always something we wish it could be better Perhaps you should go get a physical check up and bring up the issues with your GP. Even if you have no desire to loose weight, doc can suggest ways or referr therapy/meds to aide your depression. Also it doesn't hurt to go out for a walk once in a while. Good luck, help you feel better
I do want to lose weight, but seems that no matter what I do, it doesn't work. I am actually going to the doctor on Thursday..so I guess I will talk to her about this... I just don't know if I am a candidate for depression meds.

Is that true though, if you had depression in the past, and you do not get treatment it doesn't really go away???

Closed Thread