It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 04:55 AM   #1
(female)

mak0395 HB User
Very Blue Today

I've never posted under this topic before, but I need someone to tell me things are going to be ok. I have suffered with depression most of my life-on and off of meds. Currently I am off, just can't afford them at this time. I have so much going on in my life that I feel like I'm in a dark hole and I just want to stay there. My husband had to move out of town for a job-he will be gone for 11 months. My 18 year old son is going to have a baby. My finances are a mess. Most days I feel like I just want to stay in bed and not face the world, but I get up and put a smile on my face and pretend to everyone that all is well. I think all of the pretending is wearing me down. This has just been a bad week for me and I could really use some encouragement from anyone-even strangers. How do you get through all of this?

Old 10-04-2005, 05:29 AM   #2
(female)

CrystalAnn HB User
Re: Very Blue Today

Hi Mak,
I was diagnosed with depression when I was 14, I am 21 now. I haven't been to therapy or taking medication since I was 18 and I've made alot of good improvements without it. I still feel down often, but I get through the days knowing that things can be worse and whatever it is that's bothering me, I can get through. I used to ignore things and think they would just go away. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, so I try to deal with one thing at a time and I'm very open with my family. I talk with them alot about what's going on and they always make me feel better. The other thing that helps me is that I believe in God. I went through a very rough time growing up, causing me to attempt suicide many times. I just look at it like this..the devil puts all these things in my head and trys to bring me back to that point..I won't let him win again, so I keep myself going. I don't know your beliefs, this may sound crazy to you, but that's just how I see it. I keep myself busy and try to keep a positive outlook on things. Perhaps you can make a list of the things that are bothering you and write down what you think the best solutions are to them. If you can't come up with a solution, you can turn to family and friends for help. Just try to take one thing at a time and don't overwhelm yourself. I hope this helped you, take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread