It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2005, 07:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User
On proxac weekly...need someone to talk to !

Hi: have been on proxac weekly (this is my 4th week) and there are days when I feel good and then like today, just feel rotten...like I"m in a fog, eyes don't want to focus correctly..don't know if the time released is kicking in BIG time this a.m. but it's awful..feel like a robot..We are to go spend the week-end with our son and am so anxious to do that but REALLY want to feel better..right now feel like I want to go home and just go to bed..Sick of this !!!! Wondering if I need to just quit this crap..all anti-depressents make me feel awful...

Thanks to ANYONE who can encourage me...I sure need it today...

Old 10-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #2
(female)

alsaser HB User
Re: On proxac weekly...need someone to talk to !

What others anti-depressants have you been on? I know that foggy out-of-it robot feeling I got from paxil. I also tried Prozac...did nothing for me but made me have crazy mood swings. I am on zoloft and it helps 100%, unless I have pms...I still get real depressed. I know the search for the right drug is a pain, but maybe try something else. It'll be worth it. I wish you the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2005, 06:08 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

Alsaser: Thanks so much for your response..sometimes I wonder if people read the posts (mine)..I have been on lexapro, cymbalta...those REALLY hit me hard with the side effects..couldn't hardly function at all..had been on proxac years ago and got along pretty well so thought it would be the best to go back on..(so did my Dr.) We had a great week-end...today (the day before I take my weekly proxac) am feeling depressed !!! UGH so tired of the ups and downs..Thanks so much for responding and for your encouragement...just talking to someone helps me alot...

Old 10-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinney
Hi: have been on proxac weekly (this is my 4th week) and there are days when I feel good and then like today, just feel rotten...like I"m in a fog, eyes don't want to focus correctly..don't know if the time released is kicking in BIG time this a.m. but it's awful..feel like a robot..We are to go spend the week-end with our son and am so anxious to do that but REALLY want to feel better..right now feel like I want to go home and just go to bed..Sick of this !!!! Wondering if I need to just quit this crap..all anti-depressents make me feel awful...

Thanks to ANYONE who can encourage me...I sure need it today...
Is this time released Prozac new? I had a terrible time on the regular. I was so anxious and wired. Did you take it today and feel awful on the day you take the Once Weekly? How do you feel the rest of the week? Can you maybe take it at night? I have also heard that alot of dr's want you on the regular first and then switch you to the weekly. May that would help and a lower dose. What dosage are you on?
Hang in there........TONS of great advice on this board!!

Old 10-10-2005, 08:20 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

Fusionqueen: I don't know how new the proxac weekly is..it is a 90mg. capsule..the day I take it (a.m.) late in afternoon will feel it kicking in..will have 3-4 good/fair days and seems like on Mondays, going downhill..don't know how long it takes for all the side effects to disapear..but ready for that day... A couple of years ago was on regular proxac but quit because I felt I was "cured"...am also on alpraxolam .5 mg..only take 1/2 when needed..sometimes a whole one at bedtime so I can sleep..not abusing it by any means...Thank you so much for responding...dont' really have anyone in family who truly understands...

Last edited by dinney; 10-10-2005 at 08:23 AM. Reason: spelling/adding a sentence

Closed Thread