It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2005, 11:44 PM   #1
(male)

jimmyhonda HB User
any remedies for depression?

i usually get depressed especially in gloomy days at night, when the wind outside is blowing violently, and the room is cold - memories of the past and regrets would invade my mind, making me wanting to cry, as i slowly recount back those past events in my mind.

the situation is horrible to be in... i don't feel like eating - loss of apetidete to eat, because the food is either tooo meaty, or oily.

so how do i beat depression:

1. SLEEP. i would head straight to bed, don't think of anything, but just sleep, using affirmations like "tomorrow i will get better".... and most of the time the next morning when the sun is out, i feel happy again.

2. AVOID sad, melancholic music.... in the past i would listen to tychovishi classical music because i feel that my life is so sad: don't have friends, get teased and picked on because i was too skinny and not good looking. Have those silly crushes at school and uni only to found out that the person i liked already has a partner.
LISTEN to happy music - it's true, sometimes when i want to clean the house, I would tune in some dane/techno music because it makes me ROCK!

3. AVOID grey, black clothes - they make you look OLDER and UGLYIER than you think you are. at uni, I hate myself because i wasn't popular and i also ask myself, "why won't people talk to me or make friends with me?". I'm "okay looking"... well, at least "better than that dork over there..."
It's the way you dress, that i finally realised. i now go to work, and i studied the way people dress - sometime, when you dress colorfully, it makes you shine out the rest.... i rememeber when I was a kid, and bought this new pair of the latest REE-BOK shoe, all my classmates and teacher will comment how nice it was...
You want to project yourself a "healthy" and "fit" image " and "youthful"
Have a proper hair cut - and whiten my teeth... and dyed my hair are some things which I have done recently.

4.when the sun is out - take full advantage of the day - take photos to remind yourself what a beautiful day today is - dress your very best, say "hello" to the flowers/trees and birds out there and smile....

5. and finally, i am a love-sick expert, my advise to all people out there is : this world is HUGE. Do NOT lock yourself and do silly things to yourself.
this world is HUGE in terms of people come and go in life... you tend to meet nice, friendly and good looking people out there.

If you have never met this person in the first place you would have never fell for this person... my advice, go travelling around the world, you will know what i mean by people come and go, and that the world is really HUGE place to live in.

Most of all, be THANKful to be alive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread