It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

boiler454 HB User
Depression help please?

I get the bad thoughts that come on intensley. Is this panic attack or just thoughts from depression.I get a low feeling that comes on like I could cry and then the bad thought creeps in intensely. I am going to pshcologist right now. I am afraid of meds. I think they would make bad thoughts worse or more intense. Just because 1 med made it worse will all of them make it worse. Am I doing this to myself with constant worry. Would my blood pressure medicine Benicar HCT cause a depression. I just feel like crying sometimes and get scared. Can you make it through this without meds. I am afraid it will make thoghts worse. They come on intensley. Doc thinks could be bad panic attack. What do you guys think. It isn't just a thought it comes on intensley. Thanks for any help.

Old 10-11-2005, 02:56 AM   #2
(female)

HayleyApps HB User
Re: Depression help please?

hi, I'm no doc, so i dont really have a valid medical opinion, but I suffer from depression my self, and watched my mum suffer from panic attacks most of my life.

I think it's possible for someone who suffers from panic attacks to become depressed because of this, and vice versa.

I've seen my mum going through very low periods in time because of her attacks, as I myself have experienced what i would calss as a panic attack because of my depression.

Both I feel are caused by stress, so are pretty closely linked in my book.

I dont feel that all meds are bad, and i think if it's been suggested to you that meds will help, to maybe keep trying untill you find the right one for you. However, I'm not on meds myself, so again, I'm not really qualified to advise you, but only give you my opinion.

I hope you can find something that helps your situaton, I know it must be terrible for you right now, but it will get better, just keep going at it, weather it is panic attacks, or depression.
best wishes, HayleyX

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 05:39 AM   #3
Inactive

s1980 HB User
Re: Depression help please?

Hi there,
It is really hard to say what effect a medication will have on a person, they affect different people in different ways - for example, there are people who feel paxil has saved their life and there are people who have become extremely depressed and suicidal on paxil, so really no one can predict what effect cartain meds will have on you - not even Doctors are too sure about this one and that is why so many people end up suffering from the side effects. The only way to know is to try the meds yourself.

But you are wise to be considering therapy first, if there is a way to avoid meds that may be beneficial to you then trying that first is the best option, as meds can (as mentioned before) have all kinds of effects and also can be very hard to come off.

Read up on the subject, if you read symptoms that sound similar to yours, consider your options and then seek out the help that you need. I hope that things will get better for you so you can feel better and experience life without all these terrible feelings once more. Post here when you can.

All the best

Closed Thread