It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 06:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Tough time with meds.....any other suggestions?

Hello, I go back and forth and have mostly anxiety and panic but do fall into a deep depression as I ahve for the last 2 months.........I am on a very very small amount of Lexarpo as meds do not agree with me. I am taking a b-50 daily.........any other suggestions as to what will help pull me out. I have tried Sam-E and it helped a little but made me anxious and St Johns Wort is a Major NO NO for me......horrible reaction.

I appreciate your help..........this dark place really sucks!!!

Old 10-11-2005, 08:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Tough time with meds.....any other suggestions?

Are you in counseling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 09:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

I have been off and on but all they ever teach me is the breathing and relaxation for panic and anxiety. Once councelor (last one) I saw once as she said "By looking at you I don't think you ahve a thing wrong"................I was wondering how she could see IN my brain.......kinda lost my confidence in them.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:30 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionqueen
I have been off and on but all they ever teach me is the breathing and relaxation for panic and anxiety. Once councelor (last one) I saw once as she said "By looking at you I don't think you ahve a thing wrong"................I was wondering how she could see IN my brain.......kinda lost my confidence in them.
I know... it can be hard to find the right person. I would encourage you to keep trying because there are good ones out there. My depression did not start to improve until I had found the right counselors (after many years of bad ones).

Hang in there.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:35 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

How do I find GOOD ONE after 12 years of bad ones??What has yours taught you that helped make you feel better?

Old 10-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

I had 10 years of bad ones so I can relate. It has to do with you personally, and your experiences, things you were taught as a child. That's why you need a good counselor that can help you figure it out.

Old 10-11-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
(male)

Astroboy529 HB User

Hi:

In my opinion, un covering the source of your anxiety is the most important thing you can do. If it isnt obvious...such as relationship or financial or work, then a therapist would be helpful to assist you. I did NOT find meds to be helpful at all. I was involved in both a failing business and messy divorce and it was obvious to me that those needed to be resolved AND I needed a breather before I could recover. A good therapist can help, but can't waive a magic wand and will away your stressors. Learning to deal with them is valuable but sometimes they can overwhelm any of us and we just need a timeout...

I realize everyone's chemistry varies, but meds seemed to contribute to my anxiety. I lived on Xanax for a while and seem ok after a few months of respite......Hope that helps

Closed Thread