It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

joebloggs2 HB Userjoebloggs2 HB User
St John's Wort and illicit drugs? Any negative interactions?

I've been depressed for quite a while, 5-7 years. I used to post here a lot, been trying to get my life together for the past year or two.. no luck so here I am again. I will not be posting but I don't know who to turn you except you guys for help.

I have a question. I am thinking of trying St. John's Wort for my depression. Does this drug have any negative interactions with Marijuana, LSD or 2C-I? I do NOT take the illict drugs I just mentioned. I've tried Marijuana in the past but that was it.

All I know is not to take SJW with prescription anti-depressants, HIV and anticancer medication.

Oh and another question, can one overdose on SJW? Is there a maximum daily value that is proven to be bad for human consumption?

You guys might think I'm an idiot for this post, but I'm just sick of depression. I feel like my only salvation left is to take 5-10 hits of LSD all at once and hope I come out of it a totally new person. But I was browsing around and just remembered SJW. So what the hell, I'll give it a try.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Alex6657 HB User
Re: St John's Wort and illicit drugs? Any negative interactions?

I don't know for sure if there are any interations between SJW and something like marijuana or LSD, but I suppose it is possible. I wouldn't recommend trying LSD to pull you out of your depression...especially not in the quantity you mentioned. You don't want to risk an over-dose...and speaking of which, it probably is possible to OD on SJW, but may not be "easy" to do. By that I mean that it may take an extremely large quantity to even make you sick, let alone OD. Have you talked to your doctor? Tried researching SJW on the internet? I'd suggest both if you think SJW is something you want to try.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread