It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 07:16 PM   #1

aestud3 HB User
My story...

Okay let me try to sum up what has been going on with me lately. I was diagnosed with Mono in February and I had a really bad case. I had to miss a week of school. I thought that would be the end of it, but here I am, 9 months later and I'm still tired all the time. I just recently moved away from home for the first time to attned college. I'm really stressed out/have high anxiety because it's hard for me to concentrate without any energy.

Now I was just informed by my mom that both sides of my family have a history of depression. My mom is on anti-depressents and so are my aunts and uncles. I'm currently having an extremely difficult time trying to figure out what's wrong with me. I'm not sure if it's the mono that is still bothering me causing me to be tired, or if it is depression. I haven't slept good in awhile, I always wake up early in the morning and then can't fall asleep. I just don't know what to do anymore! I'm seeing a counselor on Thursday, and I was wondering if anti-depressents would be the right thing for me. I just am new to the whole depression thing because before I was diagnosed with mono I was the happiest, energetic person around. What if I'm not depressed but I go on the anti-depressents anyway? Does something happen? Thanks.

Old 10-11-2005, 07:51 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: My story...

A very close friend of mine got mono his first year in college. It took him the whole school year before he really got well and the mono was gone. Being sick all the time made him anxious, and he got more and more depressed.

Once the mono was truly gone, everything else got better and the depression went away.

I would not recommend the ADs. They are not magic pills and you could just wind up with a lot of unnecessary side effects.

Talk to your doctor about the mono and try to get that knocked out.

Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread