It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User
Help through the holidays

A little history - I have had bouts of depression for about 10 years. Lots of ups and downs. Been a cutter for years...in and out of hospitals as a teenager. Been on prozac most the time (few years) Anyway Ive been doing pretty good this past year . I have a 4 month old beautiful daughter and great husband and family and so on....
Ok so now the holidays are coming and I am depressed thinking about it. Its dark and wet outside, Im going broke in my head thinking about gifts to buy. We just moved cross country away from my family. Im a stay home mom with a four year old that drives me crazy! How am I going to make it through the winter!
Sorry, I will stop whinning. Just wondering if anyone has any tips to lighten up the long days.
Thanks in advance
Jen

Old 10-12-2005, 02:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flinch HB User
Re: Help through the holidays

Heya, don't worry about seeming whiny, this is a good place to talk about stuff like that. The best thing I can think of doing is to plan the weeks, make sure you set aside time to get out of the house, make sure your husband gives you chance to get away from the kids but also that you get involved with them. Remeber the holiday is for all of you, you included and it can be the happiest time of year. Perhaps you could get a babysitter for an evening and give yourself a night out as something to look forward too. if it ever gets too much I find getting outside helps, if there are other mums nearbyu can you arrange that one takes both sets of kids for a day and the other the next or something?
Just do lots of fun things, make it a special time rather than a depressing one - I knw it's hard, i hate holidays too, but the more yout try at least you can be proud for the effort.
xxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread