It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 04:22 AM   #1
(male)

jimmyhonda HB User
mood swing

Lately, I've been feeling depressed. I wanted to see the doctor about my condition, but I don't know how to explain my conditioon to him, yeah right, a guy feeling depressed? what a joke.

i don't know how to describe exactly what i am feeling at the moment. all i know is when the weather is cold, and gloomy - mostly at night, memories of the past would flow into my mind, making me feel helpless and miserable.

my right leg is letting me down... I am scared I won't be able to walk properly again. It's been three months since I saw the rheumatologist, tried hydotherapy, and actupuncture just recently, and yet I am still relying on crutches. I wanted to try walking, but I fear I might make my condition worster if i fall down or twist my joints.

I might sound childish, but I feel home-sick when my mother isn't aound me. Maybe when I was a 5 year old kid, and witnessed the sudden death of my father, all i want is my mother to be around with me. when i grew up, I turn out very selfish... i didn't realise how selfish i was until I became sick... buying clothes, and go out with friends back then, when I should have stayed home, and help my mother with the chores, and the bills. after all, she put lots of effort raising 5 children alone.

Guiltly and feeling aggrieved...i am worried that I ami not being a good son... and would have to put up with this guilt for the rest of my life. I am also afraid of my job prospects to. I don't know what I can do...the past few days, I'm been sleeping, and eating, and back to sleep again...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2005, 06:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: mood swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyhonda
Lately, I've been feeling depressed. I wanted to see the doctor about my condition, but I don't know how to explain my conditioon to him, yeah right, a guy feeling depressed? what a joke.

i don't know how to describe exactly what i am feeling at the moment. all i know is when the weather is cold, and gloomy - mostly at night, memories of the past would flow into my mind, making me feel helpless and miserable.

my right leg is letting me down... I am scared I won't be able to walk properly again. It's been three months since I saw the rheumatologist, tried hydotherapy, and actupuncture just recently, and yet I am still relying on crutches. I wanted to try walking, but I fear I might make my condition worster if i fall down or twist my joints.

I might sound childish, but I feel home-sick when my mother isn't aound me. Maybe when I was a 5 year old kid, and witnessed the sudden death of my father, all i want is my mother to be around with me. when i grew up, I turn out very selfish... i didn't realise how selfish i was until I became sick... buying clothes, and go out with friends back then, when I should have stayed home, and help my mother with the chores, and the bills. after all, she put lots of effort raising 5 children alone.

Guiltly and feeling aggrieved...i am worried that I ami not being a good son... and would have to put up with this guilt for the rest of my life. I am also afraid of my job prospects to. I don't know what I can do...the past few days, I'm been sleeping, and eating, and back to sleep again...
Just tell your doctor exactly what you wrote here. If he's a decent doctor, he'll be sympathetic and understanding. Don't be ashamed to express yourself.

Also, many physicians have diagnostic tools, just as little "tests" that you rate your emotions and experiences. This gives insight into whether you may be depressed or not.

Good luck.

Closed Thread