It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
(male)

Kiba HB User
Unhappy asking but not receiving???

Hi Arememom, JohnDiV, Sam, and everyone else !!!!!

I am still on the edge with the suicidal thoughts and it's getting worse. I told everyone that I told my teacher and my teacher helped me tell my parents and so fare everyone has been understanding with my mood. The only problem I see is that the doctors don't care what happens to me. My mother has been calling them and all they did was increase my effexor and give me sleeping pills. Well it has helped that I am getting 3 or 4 hours of sleep now but I am not getting any better still. I know I should probably go to the hospital but It makes you think that your doctor dislikes you or that he will not do anything for you untill you are so out of it. So what should I do ?

Best of Luck to ALL !!!
Your adopted Son
Kiba

PS. to Sam(mom), Tee(mom), John(big brother)
Heart filled hugs and I love you all very much!

Old 10-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
(female)

MarciaD HB User
Re: asking but not receiving???

(((Kiba)))

I haven't talked with you before and I don't know your current situation. I just read your post as I had just submitted a song on John's Special Songs thread. You asked what you should do. I'm not qualified to be giving advice but you sounded urgent to me so go to the Hospital if you think you need to or call the emergency help line.
Life is precious.
Good luck to you
Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2005, 11:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Hi Kiba
Do whatever it takes to stay safe. Call 911 or go to the Emergency Room.

Love,
Sam

Old 10-13-2005, 09:39 AM   #4
(female)

EvilTwin HB User

Kiba,
I can relate to what you are going through. I fell into such a deep depression a few years ago that I had to be hospitalized. From my own experience with this situation, if you're on meds and are still having suicidal thoughts go to the hospital. As far as your concerns with you doctors, I'm not too sure about the increase in meds without seeing you (or did they see you?), I know my psychiatrist always wants to see me before doing anything with my meds to discuss options, side effects, etc. If you aren't comfortable with your doctor, find a new one. Being comfortable with a mental health provider is very important. Also do you do "talk" therapy with your doctor, if not you should really consider going to a therapist. Remember that for someone with depression medication and medical professionals cannot solve everything but they can help you get in the right frame of mind to help yourself. For me it took hospitalization to realize this, time away really helps you to put things in perspective.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Arememom HB User

Hey Kiba (son),

I'm sorry you are not feeling better. You know the answer to your own question about going inpatient. We've talked about that before. I think that may be your best option. If your mom feels the same way about your doc, then you can go in through the ER and get a new doc. assigned there or request someone else (by name if she/you know who you would like to use). It may be that you need to be in for a while so they can get you stabilized on some meds. It's hard to change meds and get a good picture of how they are working sometimes. With continued thoughts of suicide you know that's where you and the doc agreed if it didn't get better you would go in. You hopefully would be able to get more intensive therapy and medication management. I'm glad you are sleeping a little. I don't do well when I miss sleep for a few days, much less weeks, months. How are things with dad? Is he still doing ok. Trying his best to be supportive? I hope so!

(As the nurse speaking here) - Do you think the doc really doesn't care or is it that you just don't like his plan of treatment for you? I"ve seen good and bad doctors in my career. There are medical doctors out there that I wouldn't take my dog to see, much less me or my children

It's very frustrating to not have control over our lives. And I've had to learn how to deal with that quite recently.

As your friend, I'll say please take care of yourself, smile at least once every day and let me know how you are when you can.

Your adopted mom,
Arememom

Old 10-14-2005, 09:24 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Felicia65 HB User

Kiba, I do not know you here, But I have been lead to tell you that this is only a season, dont give up ever, even when you fell there is no hope there is always hope, Please Go into a hospital , and Maybe you should try another doctor, I have been in depressions and I have felt that there was no hope as well, BUT I was wrong I seen so many doctors, so many meds, BUT then they found the one for me, and I got well, YOU WILL TO.. pray even if you have little faith pray........... Tell your mother you need to go into the hosptal to get to feeling better..... Felicia

Old 10-14-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
(male)

Kiba HB User

Hi Arememom, JohnDiV, Sam, and everyone else !!!!!

To start everything off I am going to go to the hospital after this weekend because I promised my best friend that I would help him. As for the questions my doctors did increase my meds without seeing me, my doctor is ok but it is hard for me to talk about anything dealing with my personal problems, and I did have a therapist but I could not talk to him so I am looking for a new one. I am now under school therapy because on Thursday I ran out of class because I could not handle all the stress that day so I am trying to talk to them. I know that all of you are suporting me and I am praying for me and all of you every day. Talk to you all latter!

Best of Luck to ALL !!!
Your adopted Son
Kiba

PS. to Sam(mom), Tee(mom), John(big brother), and everyone else
Heart filled hugs and I love you all very much!

Old 10-14-2005, 06:42 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

((((((((((((Kiba)))))))))))

Hi Kiba
It sounds like you are trying your very best. Hang in there, Sweetie!!! If it gets too rough, you know, you ALWAYS have the option to call 911!!!! Have a great weekend and know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, hugs and prayers,
Sam

Closed Thread