It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 11:50 AM   #1
Inactive

s1980 HB User
most beautiful.....

Hi there,
Not made a post in a while so thought I'd just give this one a go...
I read somewhere that when you are trying to escape for a short while from the lowest thoughts that depression causes you should try to find a little comfort by picturing the most beautiful thing you can think of. It might be a person (or an animal), could be a place, maybe a word, a song, or a noise, perhaps an object, an image, a moment you may have lived, a dream that you hope for....... absolutely anything, anything you like!

I am already happy just thinking about this one, there are so many beautiful things!!!

All suggestions welcome, I just hope everyone can recieve at least one happy escapist moment whilst thinking of beautiful things.

Love Simone xxxxx

Old 10-13-2005, 11:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User
Re: most beautiful.....

Simone!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent Thread!!!!!!!

Every piece word and suggestion!!! Thank you so much for this incredible post!!!

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!

John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

*Versailles* HB User

Ya, one of my counselors told me about that. She even said to keep smells handy that remind you of happy moments! It is definitely an awesome tactic! Thanks for sharing

-Angel

Old 10-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

My happy place is the golf course, quiet peaceful, surrounded by trees. My father and Grandfather were huge golfers so I feel very connected to them when I am there.

Good idea for a post

Old 10-14-2005, 05:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

this post is too good not to get more attention

Old 10-14-2005, 06:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Last edited by Johnster; 11-17-2005 at 08:53 PM.

Old 10-14-2005, 09:12 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Felicia65 HB User

You know it is so hard to have a nice thought when we are depressed, But it is the small things in life that matter. If we can ever just sit still. and listen we can hear that the birds sing to us, and the trees wave at us, and the sun warms our skin. God give us these things, and how could he not care about what we feel, He does but we will not allow him in to our hearts so that he can bring us the peace we need.JUst knowing that no matter what!!!!! HE is there and he will not let us fall. I have always found that by talking to my higher power and knowing in my heart that he is working for me, helps me so much...I have let him down so many times in my life, BUT he has never let me down, he has lead me out of the most darkest places I could ever have been. in my lost he has brought to me people to help... How can I not see that I am not alone. Why is it that in times of trouble we forget that he is going to bring us though, WHY??? do we do this to our selfs!!! He says if you belive in me .I will answer your prayers.....Faith is my short coming... Wonting to fix it my self, not giving it to him to fix......... letting go because I do not have to deal with it. For me just knowing that I dont have to fix it helps........... Felicia

Old 10-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Hi Simone
Thank you for such a wonderful thread!!! I want to tell you that you are an inspiration to many. You have a way of putting your special touch on each person you respond to. You said something very special to me one time and I won't ever forget it. You said, "I am a diamond." Thank you for being you!

I have a special fondness for Autumn. The beautiful colors of the leaves turning from green to gold, red, yellow, orange and all shades in between. It's like God took a paintbrush and painted each leaf with it's own special colors. The mountains are the most beautiful when you see all of the different colors and hues. The sun shining on some and making shadows on others, it's nature at it's best.

Take care, Simone!!!! You are loved!!!!

Love and hugs,
Sam

Old 10-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #9
Inactive

s1980 HB User

I was once at a place called Mindil Beach in Australia, it was Territory Day, a local festival in Darwin and so there were tons of people out and about this day, smiling and happy, buying things from the markets, or just having a BBQ on the beach and as it was getting dark I decided to climb this hill nearby to get a good view of it all from up high. I took a few beers with me and as I turned round at the top, the view took my breath away... I couldn't possibly write in words how beautiful it was.... people had made little bonfires on the beach, some setting fireworks off, the markets were so bright and colourful and the colours were reflecting off the waves of the sea...

I think the beer helped a little bit, everything seems wonderful after a few beers eh!?! but I never forgot that view, I can still close my eyes and see it. When I do, I feel this warmth come over me and a certain bliss, a pure happiness - I don't know where this gift came from, or what I did to deserve it but I think it is definitely high up in the running for the most beautiful thing I can think of... I shall enjoy considering the contenders!!!!

Old 10-14-2005, 11:00 AM   #10
Inactive

s1980 HB User

Thanks everyone for your lovely words!!!
Lovely Beautiful people all of you!!!
I am so glad I read about this and made the post because it seems to have brought a little happiness to all of us eh!?!
I am going to ask my Mum what she thinks because I reckon she will have seen a thing or two and will enjoy telling me!!! And my Nana!!!! And.....
This is great!!! be back in a bit folks, got some people to ask!!!

Lots of Love!!!

Old 10-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

it always amazes me how fast positive posts disappear. So I shall bump this one again

Old 10-15-2005, 04:18 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Samantha317 HB User

Thanks, TRG!!!

I have to say the most amazing thing is the smile of a child. They have such a wonder and the smallest things make them laugh and smile. The wide eyes of a small child in amazement of the smallest things. I can remember picking up my grandchild and showing him a bird nest in a tree. We both peeked in to see the baby eggs. We watched the nest and within a few weeks there were baby birds chirping. We would sit and watch the mama bird flying back and forth to feed the hungry babies. It's amazing!!!!

Love,
Sam

Old 10-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #13
(female)

MarciaD HB User

It might be a person (or an animal), could be a place, maybe a word, a song, or a noise, perhaps an object, an image, a moment you may have lived, a dream that you hope for....... absolutely anything, anything you like!

Hi

I grew up in a small rural community. The land was flat and it seemed you could see for miles. You could drive along the country roads and not see another car or a farmhouse for miles at a time. Summers were hot, the sky always blue except during storms. I used to like to go up to the attic with a favorite book on rainy days and listen to the rain on the roof while I read. In the country, it would often be rather quiet and it was such a joy to hear the song of the meadowlark break the stillness of the early morning or evening. The meadowlark's song is impossible for me to describe but it is beautiful. There are no meadowlarks where I live now, but if I really try I can almost hear it in my memory.

Marcia

Last edited by MarciaD; 10-15-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Old 10-16-2005, 08:21 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

My little boy's laughter can always bring a smile to my face, so pure and heartfelt. No matter how deep in the depression hole I fall his laughter will always shine a light

terry

Closed Thread